creaking front seats!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stucart

Newish owner here ,Hello :D
2016 5ghs
Owned the PHEV nearly 2 months now and beginning to get used to some of the quirks but both driver and passenger seats creak ever time you move its beginning to annoy me now, anyone had same and cured it easily? Sounds as if 2 materials are rubbing together in the seat backs??
Cheers

As you can see, I've been here a long time now but don't recall this ever coming up before and is certainly not an issue with my 2014 car.

However, as you can't know how the car has been used previously - e.g. very heavy loads pressed up against seat backs, kids hanging off them or just bigger than average users, this sounds like a car specific problem - sorry. :(

On second thoughts the "5" was a UK dealer special, if I remember correctly, with the seats being replaced on arrival with leather ones, so there is more of a chance of poor quality fitting. See what your dealer says. :!:

Weight Watchers :D Unfortunately i'd probably be the thinnest there so its not that that's causing the problem :lol:
It was evident on another one i looked at and that was a 4H so don't think its to do with it being a 5. Only done 17K miles and by condition of interior i don,t think previous owner went to WW either ?
Seems to be inside the actual seat back when press on it when not sitting in it???
Surely some one has had it as well??

I have a 2018 and my dealership has been through 3 rounds of trying to fix the well known seat creaking issue. Mitsubishi has sent 3 different "fixes" so far. Each of them worked for about a week until the creaking returned. It doesn't creak as much as it first did, but it's still annoying!! And they don't seem to be able to fix it. (All covered under warranty and it's a known issue).

Not sure what the next step is, but this vehicle is getting traded in today for the 2022 version so it's not my problem anymore!

(I weigh 180lbs :) )

Back