Miles per kW

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadFrankie

Hi,

Been playing with the ev / range / mpg setting and seeing what works for me and after a fair few miles over the past week I'm coming to the conclusion that most numbers shown on the dash are relatively pointless as they are so dependent on driving style, road conditions, weather, how often you recharge etc.

The only one that seems to be useful is the miles per kW.

So, Im getting an average of 4.9, what's everyone else getting? Does anyone know a book value for this?

Its miles per kilowatt hour, similar to MPGe.

See link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_per_gallon_gasoline_equivalent

Hi there
Presume you are calculating this value yourself rather than relying on the MMCS (?!). A 4.9 average would give you a 50+ mile ev range wouldn't it? I would have thought around 2.9 would be the average. If you use any petrol, the figures don't seem to cope with it.
The only figures for ev related data provided by the MMCS which I use are: the charge cost and remaining ev range (with a large pinch of salt) as the rest don't seem to make sense. Any other calculations (e.g. of mpge) I just do myself.
Cheers
H

Unfortunately the car 'forgets' the data every 4 hours, even when it's not supposed to (except for mpg) so as Hypermiler says the miles per kWh data from MMCS is also pretty meaningless IMHO.

maddogsetc said:
Unfortunately the car 'forgets' the data every 4 hours, even when it's not supposed to (except for mpg) so as Hypermiler says the miles per kWh data from MMCS is also pretty meaningless IMHO.

Really? The 'auto' figures are for the past 4 hours but my 'manual' ones are - so far - for the whole time I've had the car...

I'm off to check...

Really? The 'auto' figures are for the past 4 hours but my 'manual' ones are - so far - for the whole time I've had the car...

I'm off to check...
Well it's certainly the case with mine. I know the 'manual' data is not supposed to reset, but it does, with the exception of mpg. Try checking your figures before you switch off at the end of the day and then comparing them with the ones you start off with next morning. I've done this on a number of occasions and found that they are not the same.

Setting speed limiter on my 2021 has increased my miles from 4.2 to 6.6 It stops the heavy foot when you reach your set speed. This was achieved in outdoor temp. of 10c

Attachments

• C6345BB0-657B-434F-AB3B-7BAA7527253A.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 24
Back