Specs for 2016 PHEV (Dutch site)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try a test drive, then you can post with experience not just conjecture.

Tell us when you have ordered one :p

Thanks for that.

I did try a test drive (very short, as it was in the early days) and was interested enough to have a charging point [32amp universal] installed.

As I am not a business user I judged it as a car needed to compete with my then quite new diesel SUV.
I ran a statistical model of actual Freelander mileage and mpg over about 6 weeks against calculated PHEV mpg/electricity costs, and was not convinced that it showed enough savings to buy until my normal cycle of changing cars.

I am now considering it seriously and have contacted my local dealer about an extended test drive, especially as the spec has now increased to include things I value on my present car, like a heated windscreen.

The other possible solution is to change our Honda Jazz for a BMW i3 which would give greater savings, and then retain the Freelander which has a better mpg than the PHEV over longer distances.

I promise I will post you on my decision.

Went to my local dealer in early July 2015 to order a Blue PHEV GX3h for delivery early October. Told last week model being upgraded and that colour is no longer available. When I asked what other changes will there be I was told they are only cosmetic. I asked for a copy of the new order of the car I will receive and I am still waiting. Another dealer said the final specs are not known yet.

Does anyone know any facts about the changes and delivery implications?

I've been holding off ordering mine while the new spec is released. I've asked Mitsubishi directly and they won't confirm anything at the moment. My lease company says I should be able to place my order in mid/late August and first deliveries into the UK are planned for the end of Oct. I've no idea on final trim levels for each grade other than what's been covered in previous posts in this thread which is mainly looking at the Japanese and Netherlands cars.

However, your dealer is more or less correct in that nothing major has really changed but the changes all appear to be positive as far as I can tell. A higher quality interior (for the PHEV version at least) better all round build quality and slightly improved range. Colours are shown on the Japanese site I linked to in this thread a few posts back with the Black with red flecks being my personal favourite.

At what £ price these changes come at is a key question but hopefully not too much of an increase and hopefully similar lease deals are also going to be available.

Did your dealer give any details at all or just say you have to re-order once they have slots for the new version?

Thanks for that.

I have phoned a few dealers around the country to ask for information and so far I have been told.
Announcement to dealers mid August.
Public launch 1st October 2015 with availability some weeks after that.
New additional model to be introduced called 3+ with DAB radio, heated front seats, pre heater and possibly front and rear parking sensors.
Prices going up by £1000 on all models.
Existing stocks should be de-pleated before new models arrive so no need to dump stock at discounted prices.

email Neal below he has the facts of all models and is very helpful,
From what I see Mitsubishi appears to have granted us most things off our wish list with the new model.
Regards Ian

Pricing is approx £1000 than current model with the GX3H+ at £35249 before the grant

Colours are

Frost White
Atlantic Grey
White Pearl
Orient Red
Amethyst Black
Granite Brown
Ruby Black Pearl

drop me an email if interested and I will send you the information

neal<at>brindley-fleet.co.uk

Looks like this site may have the spec for each trim level:

http://www.new-car-discount.com/car/mitsubishi/outlander/4x4/all/all

If the trim levels are correct then the combinations offered are disappointing with a surround view camera on the 4h but no sensors but both sensors and a camera on the 4hs which is just beyond me. There is also no mention of anything other than the standard 6 speakers that the current gen UK model has, so again, potentially no upgraded sound system for the UK for some unknown reason! And no mention of anything other than black leather and the pearl black/red is a £700 paint option.

Seems that link I posted before is on the money in terms of spec for each trim based on the pre-release PDF I've just been sent from a leasing company.

In addition, the brake lights come on if you are in B4/5 and take your foot off the accelerator and the boot only has 1 warning beep now when opening/closing and LED footwell lights are standard across the board and you can turn on the 360 degree camera without needing to be in reverse.

Overall seems like a good refresh and update. It's also 2 seconds quicker 0-25 but has the same c. 11s 0-60 which seems a bit odd.

jws said:
Seems that link I posted before is on the money in terms of spec for each trim based on the pre-release PDF I've just been sent from a leasing company.

In addition, the brake lights come on if you are in B4/5 and take your foot off the accelerator and the boot only has 1 warning beep now when opening/closing and LED footwell lights are standard across the board and you can turn on the 360 degree camera without needing to be in reverse.

Overall seems like a good refresh and update. It's also 2 seconds quicker 0-25 but has the same c. 11s 0-60 which seems a bit odd.

Hi JDS

Please send a link to he PDF that you recieved.

I'm hoping the quote on screen is just a place holder but it made me smile when I read down the spec list: http://carleasingmadesimple.com/business-car-leasing/mitsubishi/outlander-estate_2/72017/standard-equipment/?3610N

So much kit packed into the new version and if the lease prices come in anywhere near the previous model it's a gift really.

jws said:
I'm hoping the quote on screen is just a place holder but it made me smile when I read down the spec list: http://carleasingmadesimple.com/business-car-leasing/mitsubishi/outlander-estate_2/72017/standard-equipment/?3610N

So much kit packed into the new version and if the lease prices come in anywhere near the previous model it's a gift really.

That's got to be the worst ever lease terms and it's not even for the 4hs!

That's why I'm hoping it's just a place holder since previous model was more like £300 P/M.

Back