I never get full regen or power

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzenator

Hi Guys
I have noticed that I never get full regen indication on my phev even if the battery is nearly depleted. Not do I get full power on stomping on the accelerator pedal in normal mode.
Any reasons why I don't get this?
Thanks

jaapv said:
It is just the way the dial is calibrated. For max regen set the car to B5 and hit the brakes ...;)

Indeed. If I remember correctly, the tacho on our Landcruiser is calibrated up to 6000 RPM, but I've never seen it get anywhere near that.

Just the same as the speedometer displays a greater speed on the dial than the car is limited to (106 mph). People get frightened when dials reach their limits - think back to the steam age and boiler pressures. Aircraft dials do the same thing for the same reason.

I thought it might be something to do with the calibration. However, the other day I hit the brakes on my mums phev and the recahrge swung all the way to full.
There are certain videos on YouTube especially the 0-60 ones when some the guys show full power use.

jazzenator said:
Hi Guys
I have noticed that I never get full regen indication on my phev even if the battery is nearly depleted. Not do I get full power on stomping on the accelerator pedal in normal mode.
Thanks

jazzenator said:
I thought it might be something to do with the calibration. However, the other day I hit the brakes on my mums phev and the recahrge swung all the way to full.
There are certain videos on YouTube especially the 0-60 ones when some the guys show full power use.

Surely Jazzenator the two quotes above contradict each other? :roll:

Neverfuel said:
jazzenator said:
Hi Guys
Thanks

jazzenator said:

Surely Jazzenator the two quotes above contradict each other? :roll:

Ah I see. I should be a little bit more clear. My mother has a Gx3 and I have a Gx4h.
I thought that the reason why my car was not indicating full regen was because of calibration reasons until I drove my mothers gx3 which indicated full regen. I hope this clarifies things.

Hard to tell then, different cars; different B settings; different SOC; different battery temps; possibly even different driving techniques bearing in mind you were not driving your own car so things like seating position & steering wheel angle, plus different road conditions may be the answer. It would have to be a controlled test to point to a conclusion.

I have had the REGEN push the needle to the end stop, where the needle stops rapidly. REGEN was very aggressive. MAX regen seems to be dependent on the vehicle loading. I see more regen with a fully loaded car and towing a loaded trailer. I have seen 60kW on the MMCS, the full dial as blue. With only a driver and no load, the regen seems to peak at 50kW. Might still be related to acceleration, as more REGEN will be needed to decelerate a fully loaded PHEV than an empty one.

Back