Firmware upgrade after annual service

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

george

Hi All, I have the PHEV since June 2014.
After the annual (more or less) service they told me of a firmware upgrade and I noticed the following:

1)apparent, very small reduction of acceleration for the same indication of left panel instrument (green zone).

2)no more hesitations while moving at extremely low speed after a long trip. Before there were no hesitations (uneven acceleration with small jumps) with cold motors, but they were there after a long trip.

3)3 to 4 more km per charge (surprise!)

4)LDW2 in no longer available.

There might be more changes, but I have not explored all menus.

PLease give a look at my other topic below regarding some noise...

Many thanks

From a long experience of firmware updates, not only with cars, I find that quite a few findings are the placebo effect.
Without objective testing it is very hard to tell whether observed changes are due to the firmware update or to chance.
Your dealer should be able to tell you the precise content of the update.

Obviously I report my impressions, so maybe other owners will report theirs and we can compare. ;)
My long experience with Windows update is that there always was a difference and this difference was a slower computer :evil:

It's very subjective. I honestly don't know if they updated my firmware during the service last week, but I have the impression that the engine is running more frequently and revving higher - on the other hand, we are getting into the autumn and the mornings are colder - which is to blame?

Back