foam blocks

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phev1

I have just got a 2016 my outlander and I have noticed a foam block on the bottom of the front wings where the door hinges are , they are pushed into the end of the top of the sill you see them when the doors are fully opened .does anyone know what these are for ? :D

I have no idea what you mean, but I do know that Mitsubishi uses moulded white polystyrene foam for sound insulation throughout the car.

I have just been out to have a look and I don't know what you mean either? what colour are your blocks? Have you actually pushed them with a finger? if you do, and they flex, they are therefore the same sheets of flimsy plastic that are on mine
I can't see the end of my cills as I have mudflaps fitted. (cills are the long curved panels below the door stretching from wheel arch to wheel arch. Are we talking about the same place?) . I do have flimsy (well what do you expect from Mitsubishi ;) ) black plastic shields at the back of the front wings , visible when you open the door. I presume they simply fill the gap.
Mine is a 15 reg so may be different.

hi thanks for your replies the foam blocks are dark grey and are only visible from inside the car when the front doors are fully opened ,they are where the sill top meets the rear of tbe front wing at the bottom in the door jamb
any help would be appreciated as I have never seen these foam blocks before they may be a mitsubishi design thing

regards

That is exactly where my flimsey black plastic is and there is another bit at the back top inside of the wing. Right behind the. 'PLUG IN HYBRID' badge.
Perhaps they changed the 2015 flimsey black plastic for grey foam in the MY16?

Yep flimsy black plastic on my 2014 car, as well. Either a 2016 mod or perhaps some packing material they forgot to remove - check with dealer - but unless prone to soaking up water or putting strain on the hinge probably doesn't matter one way or the other ;)

My flimsy plastic passenger side doorstep has come loose now and does not want to go back in place - it's falling apart around me!

maby said:
My flimsy plastic passenger side doorstep has come loose now and does not want to go back in place - it's falling apart around me!

Just because its called a doorstep doesn't mean you're supposed to tread on it ;)

greendwarf said:
maby said:

Just because its called a doorstep doesn't mean you're supposed to tread on it ;)

it inevitably gets scuffed as people get in and out - it should be better attached than it apparently is.

These are a pain in the a**e! One of mine managed to find its way into the sill where it is now wedged. Does anyone know a part no. for them?

Back