16 MY PHEV ordering - current availability

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just ordered a White Gx4h as a company car - Can anyone inform me what the current delivery times are? (UK)

phevnewbie said:
I have just ordered a White Gx4h as a company car - Can anyone inform me what the current delivery times are? (UK)

There are plenty of solid and metallic white at Portbury - your dealer should suggest 10 working days to them.

Enjoy

Mitssupplier said:
phevnewbie said:

There are plenty of solid and metallic white at Portbury - your dealer should suggest 10 working days to them.

Enjoy
Just been told within 28 days which is pretty good.

Had a look at the Volvo v90 two engine and delivery on those is Feb 2017!

Looks like I have a G5h ready to order with 6 miles on the clock. It's in the dealership. It was on order for the dealership manager. I asked the build date and it was January 2016. Should I have any concerns that the build date is 7/8 months before the delivery date. Guess they have been sitting in dock for a while!

I wouldn't order it. I would wait for better technology from other manufacturers in the next year or two. Unless you ONLY plan to do local drives of no more than around 50 miles per day and can charge at home every day.

itserve said:
I wouldn't order it. I would wait for better technology from other manufacturers in the next year or two. Unless you ONLY plan to do local drives of no more than around 50 miles per day and can charge at home every day.

We know this but its not really relevant to this thread, is it :?

itserve said:
By that time there will be yet better technology around the corner again. How long are you planning to wait?

If you stuck to the premise to wait a couple of years for yet better technology to be on the market, you would never buy anything. Just look how quickly specifications improve on computers, tablets and smart phones.
On phones the standby time used to be over 7 days and people wanted smaller, now with the converged technology the phones have got considerably larger and you struggle to get through 24 hours without having to put it on charge at least once if not more often.
At sometime you have to dip your toe in the water and say for now it is good enough and accept that "improvements" will come along in the future.

Goodshot said:
Or just get a new one every 3 or 4 years.

Works for me!

:D

However, I plan to upgrade the batteries on my PHEV in the future, I'm guessing about 8 years from now.

It looks like such a good business opportunity, I'm tempted to start the business myself.

Andy

Back