Any Replacement Wiper Blade Recommendations?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I bought wiper blade refills as that is the procedure my Toyota dealership use on my Toyota Auris HSD. When I looked at the Toyota wipers and my Mitsu ditto I realised that they are using the same OEM supplier!

As my Mitsu dealership could not sell wiper blade refills I went to my Toyota dealership and they were happy to support me.
Toyota part numbers as follows:
85214-30400 short
85214-02220 long

Price level is is approx 50% of original wiper blades. As the OEM blades are quite sturdy I think it is a good idea to reuse them with wiper blade refills.

Replaced mine not long after getting the car as I split one end of a wiper when it froze to the windscreen, had the replacements now for 15-16 months with no problems and are better than the ones that came with the car. They are Bosh flat style/Aero Blade type, Have used then on all my cars very impressed how long they last and at high speed how well they still work.

Bosch AR18U
Bosch AR26U

Got them from Halfords, look good on the car.

david1972 said:
Thanks Sharky - were the units easy to change? I've found it impossible to change the rear one

Very easy to change the front ones, never tried the rear one. If anything like the wife's car the rear wiper was not a standard item and had to be brought from the Dealership along with the wiper arm!

I think I must be thick or something.

Had a look at the front wipers today in the hope they were as easy to change as suggested and again, I can't see any way to do it. This car beggars belief at times.

When you lift the arm and try to tilt the blade unit to 90 degrees as you would with any normal car, it only gets to about 20 degrees before jamming against the rubber blade.

Help!!!!!!

david1972 said:
I think I must be thick or something.

Had a look at the front wipers today in the hope they were as easy to change as suggested and again, I can't see any way to do it. This car beggars belief at times.

When you lift the arm and try to tilt the blade unit to 90 degrees as you would with any normal car, it only gets to about 20 degrees before jamming against the rubber blade.

Help!!!!!!

Anybody able to help please? Can't see how to remove front or rear wipers

try searching on You Tube. a couple of posts on Outlander blades there, but might be older model if that makes a difference for blades

The guy who returned our car from its service showed me how to do it (front and back) - just got to find where I put the rear wiper blade now after my latest failed attempt haha

I've just replaced my blades complete with Bosch SP18 and SP26. I read the manual beforehand but couldn't find replacement rubber inserts or refills. Buying the whole wiper blade assembly is such a waste and on removing the old wipers it seems easy to replace just the rubber inserts. Anyone had joy finding these rubber refills?

This is an old thread but doesn't have a particularly satisfactory conclusion so thought I would chip in with my findings. My rear wiper has had it. Found it very easy to detach blade from the arm by just lifting the arm and rotating the blade back until it unclipped. The manual suggests refills can be fitted to the blade and details a procedure. Found it impossible to buy a refill from any motor factors - one suggesting an EU directive mandates blades only are to be supplied due to DIYers bending the clamps on the blades to grip the rubber and thereby preventing it from conforming to the glass shape when operating. I knew Halfords would have something suitably priced so I just picked up a blade at the Mitsu dealership instead for about £12 complete with blister packaging. Dealership stated that replacing with refills was fraught with frustration. I'm encouraged ClasseClas found a suitable refill replacement which I will definitely investigate next time I need a wiper replacement. I attempted the replacement process in the manual using my old blade and the old rubber to see how frustrating it would be and it is truly a hopeless endeavour. But if the new rubber is simply inserted in the claws of the blade without the metal strips and then these are slid one at a time into their rebates in the rubber, and inside the metal claws of the blade body, the process is about as challenging as changing a light bulb. I will be seeking out refill rubbers in future. Perhaps the new Right To Repair initiative will encourage suppliers to start supplying only what we need and refill rubbers will make a return.

I just replaced my front wipers (rubber refills only) on MY16. Taking ClasseClas 's tip on Toyota I found 'Mitsuba Toyota' type refills on wiper-blades-refills.co.uk (search for Mitsuba Toyota on their home page). Their car search tool lists no Mitsubishi models but this blade is the one - 8.5mm wide. They do mention a bunch of other car makes that use these blades too but not Mitsu. You have to buy a 70cm blade for both the drivers side and the passenger side (and cut it to length) as Toyota use a smaller gauge blade for the passenger side for some reason (read the notes on the web page).

They have a handy 'how to fit video' which works in practice. Make sure the blade is the right way round on the holder and the notches in the steel inserts line up with the notches in the rubber so it holds the rubber correctly.

Rubbers came in a brown envelope - no blister packaging - and cost less than half of full wiper blades from Halfords. They were shipped from Madrid and appear to have been sourced from France (Rubbekoo, in Bordeaux). 15 min job to replace both rubbers. \. \.

Back