PHEV Watchdog for all.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, as I said before. Data is grouped in segments (trips) that the users starts and ends whenever wanted.

Stats for each trip are automatically recorded and kept in your mobile. You can watch them later by accessing the Trip List from the app.

Here's an example of how it looks:

phev_watchdog_triplist_01.jpg

Beside the stats it's possible to log the whole trip into a file (CSV format). Data will be record into the log file by a specified time interval (minimum 1 sec).

phev_watchdog_logfile_01.jpg

Finally the "dog" with also watch for the battery conditions of the PHEV, meaning that for every change of [Total Capacity] or whenever [Current Charge] > [Total Capacity] a log is recorded with the complete state of the battery.

All this is accessible through the Battery Condition List:

phev_watchdog_batterylist_01.jpg

At any time you can export the full entry to a text file, which looks like this:

phev_watchdog_batterylog_01.jpg

And that's it for today.

Oh... And I'm planing to release the app next Thursday ;)

In addition to my iPhone and iPad, I have a cheap Android tablet, and an android phone (emergency spare) so (when it's available) how do we get this app?

Thanks in advance. It sounds good.
(It's a shame it will not be available for iOS, but I fully understand. Maybe someone else with the knowledge could do that at some point in the future.....)

Cheers.

Well, as promised here it this... First version of PHEV Watchdog to be released :cool:

You'll need to Android 4.0.3 (minimum) to run this "dog".

And a compatible OBD adapter (bluetooth only).

The following have been reported to work properly:

OBDLink LX (available at amazon)
Konnwei kW902 (chinese clone, available at amazon, gearbest, etc).

One cheap chinese generic OBD dongle has been reported to work also.

So others may work or not... You'll have to try, or purchase one of the above.

The app is free , no hidden or limited features.

There is a nag screen, though... That will come up every time you start the app.

That's the way I'm using to convince you to make a small contribution to further development of this app.

So if you find it useful, press the paypal button and donate whatever you want.

Contributors above 5€ will have priority support and the nag screen removed (let me know what's your VIN number).

And that's it!

Download here and install!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwtieZzWGqeWRDdQenNxRl8zWFE

Just noticed there is a nasty bug in the battery list condition auto logging feature.

I'll be disabling that feature (everything else is working) until I'll fix the problem.

Apologies for that.

Here's the new link for the app (still v0.7)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwtieZzWGqeWbUVtNkhWaU5vVk0

For those who installed yesterday's version, please uninstall and reinstall the new one above.

Just tried your app

Good job "GreyBigFoot"

Question: In one section I have seen the 200v and 100v charging ... it is looking that your app is capable to read how many time the battery have been charged ... apparently my PHEV have been charged 900 times (that sound a bit too much), for a total of 81 days spend on charging :ugeek:

Still .. these numbers sounds a bit too high for my knowledge of my PHEV

Hello elm70.

Well, I should say there's no reason to not believe those readings.

I've watched mine, and they seem to be strictly correct.

Those numbers are directly read from the Charger Management Unit without any further calculations.

The only issue you may have with those values is that sometimes the CAN Bus won't respond for the request (I suspect taht the Charger Management Unit has a lower priority in the BUS) so you'll have those readings zeroed.

Nice to hear the app works for you!

Hello everyone!

Just to inform you that in order to keep things focused there is now a facebook group named "PHEV Watchdog Users" which will be the right place to share and discuss anything related to the app...

Also, new releases are to be published there only... You've be warned! :)

Those who have made a donation, do not worry you'll get an email from me with the download link as soon as a release is ready...

So if your do like this "dog" be sure to request to be added here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/152278275319772/

See you there ;)

greendwarf said:
And for those of us not on Facebook?

To make a fake account on FB take 2 seconds ...

I see the FB page of "GreyBigFoot" is getting some "momentum" so it is worth to have a look at it.

As well .. you can see the face of Anko on FB from the GreyBigFoot page ... this alone should reward you on make an account on FB :D

Downloaded and tested it today.
Thanks, it's great to finally have an estimated Ø kWh/100 km

The timer (Runtime) starts at 1:00:00 on my phone, btw.....

Hello Kim, please download the latest version of the app (v0.8), the time issue is a known bug of v0.7 that occurred in some devices.

Beside some bug fixes, v0.8 brings some cool new features.

So, I've tested the 'Dog' for a week now and am pretty impressed with the work been done so far (considering it's still in beta). I think, it's better than any other app out there and gives all information well presented on 5 main screens. The trip cards are the best feature so far and with the new version comping soon (please see the FB group for details) we will have some combined long term logging of pretty much all stats the car can possibly deliver.

Bert said:
So, I've tested the 'Dog' for a week now and am pretty impressed with the work been done so far (considering it's still in beta). I think, it's better than any other app out there and gives all information well presented on 5 main screens. The trip cards are the best feature so far and with the new version comping soon (please see the FB group for details) we will have some combined long term logging of pretty much all stats the car can possibly deliver.

Hi Bert, nice to hear that and that the "Dog" is working for you! :D

I've started by gathering some info of this forum about the OBD interface and then developing this app for myself to see if it was possible to workaround the lack of information of the MMCS.

Then I found it worked really well (using it everyday) so there were no reason to keep it just to myself.

Been putting some effort into it since, but there's still a lot of work to do... There are a lot of features that I want to include in the future releases.

The next major release (v0.9) should be the last beta.

Oh by the way, if all goes well I'll be releasing a v0.8.1 by the end of the week. Nothing new, just a couple of important bug fixes.

Back