Front license plate bracket on 2018 SEL?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgrynberg

Hi all!
Just realized there's no front license plate bracket on this car...
I'm in California, which is a mandatory front plate state.
What do you all use for front bracket? Is there an OEM part?
Quick web search yielded nothing...
Thanks!
Marc

There's got to be an option from Mitsu. I pick up mine tomorrow :), and we also require a front plate (Ontario, Canada). Will report back, and if I can find a part number for you, I'll let you know...

J

Here's the reply I got...
"Mitsubishi does not provide license bracket. However, you can bring the car to our service department to put your plates on when you got them.

Then I pressed to understand how to mount the plates:
"They have to screw into the bumper. There are 2 small dots on the front bumper, have to look closely to see.
You just have to have 2 small and sharp screws and a screw driver to do it."

:roll:

Let me know if they tell you something different tomorrow...

Marc

There is no bracket. There’s a spot for the front plate to be screwed directly to the bumper. I know a lot of people don’t like that, but I think it looks fine.

I don't mind screwing straight into the bumper all that much... I generally prefer haveing a bracket in-between because it lessens the chance of ending up with a constant rattle, which is what I'm mostly concerned about...
Marc

mgrynberg said:
I don't mind screwing straight into the bumper all that much... I generally prefer haveing a bracket in-between because it lessens the chance of ending up with a constant rattle, which is what I'm mostly concerned about...
Marc

I would prefer a bracket as well, but mine's been fine screwed into the bumper with no rattle at all.

generaltso said:
mgrynberg said:
Marc

I would prefer a bracket as well, but mine's been fine screwed into the bumper with no rattle at all.
The 'bracket' is molded into the bumper and works well. Texas is a front-plate state as well. No rattles, y'all. ;)

AndyH said:
generaltso said:
mgrynberg said:
Marc

The 'bracket' is molded into the bumper and works well. Texas is a front-plate state as well. No rattles, y'all. ;)

(Sorry for resurrecting the thread but we just got one) Does the moulded bracket have something underneath the two indentions, i.e., the square plastic grommets many cars have, to accept the screws to hold the plate nice and tight? Do we need to install our own grommets with the screws or is it underneath them? I can't reach my hand under the bumper to feel the back of the bumper for anything besides the think plastic bumper cover.

Thanks Much!

I've got a 2018 GT
Installed the front plate by screwing into the front bumper with a pair of #10x1/2" self tapping screws.

@generaltso -- Thanks for the hint on the index dimples.

Back