Sweden

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
couple of days late but here is the result.

The MOT station "Opus" had a small booklet that said to set the "2wd/4wd" switch between the seats to "2wd". Also the traction control needed to be turned off.

-do you have a switch like that? He asked
-no, just a "forced 4wd" switch, I said. But if not activated I guess it means 2wd is active?!
-well if there is no such switch I ain't taking it up on the brake test rollers!
-on ,fine :)

The OBD2 test showed no fault codes so also passed emission testing :)

Engine wasn't started at all. Brakes were tested during the finishing test drive.

Seems your MOT testing is much easier than ours. For the emissions to be tested, a sensor is put up the exhaust and diesels have a smoke test which is literally looking for visible smoke.

Lance said:
Seems your MOT testing is much easier than ours. For the emissions to be tested, a sensor is put up the exhaust and diesels have a smoke test which is literally looking for visible smoke.

You're not kidding! When I first started driving - a very long time ago - there were a few MOT testing stations around where taking the car along was optional but resulted in a significant discount... These days, they all seem to stick by the rules!

Thankfully I've got a friendly MoT tester which is great. Won't be touching the Phev though as my service plan includes MOTs. Great for the Mrs' car though!

Hi

I just want to know, how many use the RFID to pay for charging in Sweden? As a newcomer, do I need order one for charging if I want to drive on the highway? I don't know how many charging stations are free for charging when you drive internal Sweden?

Thanks.

Grigou said:
jaapv said:
The "guessometer" will only show an approximate estimate based on your driving before. Having the airconditioning switched on will show an even lower alledged range.
The best way to get some idea about the real range is getting experience with the behaviour of the charge level meter.
The car is very sensitive to driving style in its electricity consumption.

I would add some words : Having the air-conditioning switched on will show an even lower alledged range, in a very pessimistic manner.

And the car is of course very sensitive not only to driving style but to driving conditions too. For example I can reach -in summer- 50 km in EV mode very easily between 70 to 90 kph with a few stops, but it's extremely hard to reach 45 km at max 50 kph in the urban traffic with a lot of stop and go at lights etc ... even with an eco driving style.
I drove a 2017 one for some time and the aircon switch did not impact the guessometer.

I recently read that there are different warranties for PHEV models, depending on when they're registret in the UK.

Does anyone know how it is in Sweden?

FAKE NEWS about tyres being illegal if you change dimension. You can have any dimension you want as long as the tyres stays inside the fender lines!
Even if it doesent, you wont get into ant problems... you just wont pass the MOT...

Not all that fake...Try driving in Germany on tyres that are not of a "zugelassen" size. It is even entered on the registration certificate.
In fact, if the Polizei are in a nasty mood, they'll even pull foreign cars off the road for non-compliance.

Golbrah said:
FAKE NEWS about tyres being illegal if you change dimension. You can have any dimension you want as long as the tyres stays inside the fender lines!
Even if it doesent, you wont get into ant problems... you just wont pass the MOT...

But it might invalidate your insurance and so make driving in the UK (at least) illegal. :eek:

I wonder who the member is behind that false claim of fake news? It cannot be that he is driven in a PHEV. Normally it is a black limousine. :mrgreen: :lol:

If you've watched those US automobile renovation programes on TV, it would seem that hugely different size wheels that protrude outside the bodywork, showering following cars with stones and spray, are not illegal. They are in the UK. Tyres with incorrect speed rating are probably illegal everywhere. Many car's ABS systems will "complain" if the tyre diameter is not close to original spec. I've never heard of legal problems in the UK with replacement tyres and wheels with a different aspect ratio to spec, so long as they match original diameter and don't protrude outside the bodywork.

michael8554 said:
If you've watched those US automobile renovation programes on TV, it would seem that hugely different size wheels that protrude outside the bodywork, showering following cars with stones and spray, are not illegal. They are in the UK. Tyres with incorrect speed rating are probably illegal everywhere. Many car's ABS systems will "complain" if the tyre diameter is not close to original spec. I've never heard of legal problems in the UK with replacement tyres and wheels with a different aspect ratio to spec, so long as they match original diameter and don't protrude outside the bodywork.

Well you might like to read this from the ABI

https://www.abi.org.uk/products-and-issues/choosing-the-right-insurance/motor-insurance/winter-tyres/

Back