Australians down under

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case there is any interest, I ended up getting the very good independent workshop across the road to do it - genuine filters used, fully synthetic oil (the last not technically needed, but it's what Mitsubishi used also last service) - $380. I'm happy with that.

Apparently there's some legislation happening at the moment that will force manufacturers to provide access to their software tools for independent service providers (at a cost).

Darkflow said:
In case there is any interest, I ended up getting the very good independent workshop across the road to do it - genuine filters used, fully synthetic oil (the last not technically needed, but it's what Mitsubishi used also last service) - $380. I'm happy with that.

Apparently there's some legislation happening at the moment that will force manufacturers to provide access to their software tools for independent service providers (at a cost).

Yep agreed similar cost & materials for me, done simply by the book and specified ingredients no problems.

Imagine the resale values if this was not possible, anyway only a small number of dealerships can handle a real Phev service & maintenance. If you check my previous comments you can see what a crap warrantee job they did (mitsu), instead of replacing a simple hub they wrecked the axle which put Phev out of use for 2 months.

The weak link for the vehicle is the ICE and related components.

PHEV Exceed model
Delivered November 2017
Location - Albany, Western Australia
Occupation - retired.
First Electric Car, but I have an electric bike

Has anyone installed their own towbar? If so, where did you plug the cable that goes from the trailer ecu to the positive terminal on the battery? The diagrams that were provided, say that the loom is in the engine bay, I cant find it anywhere. Any advice? Thanks.

zzcoopej said:
Fluxenator687 said:
I cant find it anywhere. Any advice? Thanks.

I have a dealer fitted towbar. If you don't get a reply from anyone else that has fitted one, I might be able to trace some cables for you?

Cheers mate, it's only a power cable, hayman reese said that I'll be able to cut the cable off the trailer ecu connector and wire it up to the battery, with the supplied fuse

G'day
Ive had my 14/aspire for a year now and am very happy, in general.
A couple of questions though if anyone has any comments..
1. Recently my mileage has been degrading. I switched to 95 petrol which helped for a while but it's down again. I frequently do a 300k round trip, i used to be able to do that and get home with a 5.9 average, last trip was more like 8, and 1 trio it was 12.
2. Due for a 75k service. Any idea what it may cost, and any dealer (eastern Melbourne) to avoid...
3. Both the 'info display' button and the traction control? Button next to it on the dash don't work. Dealer couldn't find the cause last service. Im hoping they have done some homework since, but for various reasons im not hopeful. Is this a known issue?

Thanks..

Russ

russ said:
1. Recently my mileage has been degrading. I switched to 95 petrol which helped for a while but it's down again. I frequently do a 300k round trip, i used to be able to do that and get home with a 5.9 average, last trip was more like 8, and 1 trio it was 12.
With or without on-route charge-ups? Without, 5.9 seems to good to be true and 12 seems to bad to be true. 8 seems like something you should / could expect.

Thanks, it could be memory - perhaps i was achieving 6.9. Im sure it was better than 8 though.
The ice seems to be switching on more often around town, even with full charge. Its quite chilly at the moment, perhaps it is heater related.

Hey guys ;)

I'm a happy owner of PHEV MY14 since June 2017. It was all good so far, but for the last couple of months, I see a significant decrease in EV mileage. I used to see 47-50 in proposed mileage after full charge, and could sometimes even get more than 50km of actual mileage.. but recently all I get on the screen after a full charge is 37km. Is this a reason enough for service centre visit or is it just the normal battery aging issue?
I live very close to work and 80-90% of the time use only EV mode. One full tank easily lasts me a month if I don't go interstate.

kevmi said:
47-50 in proposed mileage after full charge, and could sometimes even get more than 50km of actual mileage.. but recently all I get on the screen after a full charge is 37km.

Wow that's quite a drop, usually range steps up at this time of year as the weather warms up. Are you sure -
1. Tyre pressure is ok? (however this should not amount to 10km loss)
2. Rear brakes are not sticking (hot after driving for a while - don't touch directly of course!)
3. Heating settings not still active

The only way to difinitively tell whether its the battery or one of the above is to interrogate the BMU using an App like EvBatMon (shameless plug, lol).

Heheheh...

I've noticed that someone is parking an identical model to mine in the multi-level car park where I park in Adelaide.

I'm half expecting an angry owner to chase me down the street every day, when I leave.

:)

AndyInOz said:
Heheheh...

I've noticed that someone is parking an identical model to mine in the multi-level car park where I park in Adelaide.

I'm half expecting an angry owner to chase me down the street every day, when I leave.

:)
Well, if HE is paying next to YOU, he c/w/shouldn't be too surprised to see you drive off :mrgreen:

Hello I purchased my PHEV nearly a year ago second hand in Melbourne. So far it has been excellent I have toured Tasmania and recently visited Coffs Harbour and north western NSW.
There was recall for parking brake problems which was was done by Mitsubishi locally in the Eastern Suburbs.
I get asked all the time; "How long does the battery last?" and "how much does a new battery cost?"
I assume the battery is supposed to last 5 years.
I charge the PHEV overnight (midnight to 5 am) on off peak domestic power using a simple timer.
I cannot get the app on my ipad to work as I do not appear to have a password.

vinlev said:
Hello I purchased my PHEV nearly a year ago second hand in Melbourne. So far it has been excellent I have toured Tasmania and recently visited Coffs Harbour and north western NSW.
There was recall for parking brake problems which was was done by Mitsubishi locally in the Eastern Suburbs.
I get asked all the time; "How long does the battery last?" and "how much does a new battery cost?"
I assume the battery is supposed to last 5 years.
I charge the PHEV overnight (midnight to 5 am) on off peak domestic power using a simple timer.
I cannot get the app on my ipad to work as I do not appear to have a password.
The battery should last the life of the car, however nothing lasts forever. I was assured by people with no knowledge at all that the battery in my Prius would die after a few years, 14 years old, 312,000km, still works perfectly.
Your Mitsubishi dealer should be able to help with app log in details, but also may not. My service department told me the code but I still cant access it.

We have towed our 1200kg caravan around the Flinders Ranges which was fun, broke the caravan not the car. Mileage towing generally up hill into a head wind was a shock, 16L/100km! Coming home was a bit better at 12.5L/100km.

I purchased a new PHEV 3 weeks ago in New Zealand, and it comes with an 8 year battery warranty. Exactly how much storage loss is allowed before the warranty kicks in is not stated though.

Back