4th service in UK - cost?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jdearauj said:
jaapv said:
My view is that third party repair shops are unable to service the electrical/electronic/digital part.

That was my thinking, but how much of that is actually serviced or even checked unless there is an issue. I'm still on the fence and not sure which route to take and will be completing further investigation before i make a choice. My next service is the 3rd service and will be coming up shortly.

Thanks for your comments.

Well, I doubt whether one keeps one's guaranty if the service is not carried out completely according to Mitsubishi's service protocol. Which means the service must have access to and expertise with the electronic part. Even Mitsubishi dealerships are supposed to have factory training.

£313 today at my local garage (Basildon, Essex), which was a Mitsubishi dealer until last spring. They insist they have all the necessary equipment and Mitsu-trained technicians to deal with the PHEV, so that'll do me. Especially as my nearest Mitsu dealer is now in Colchester or Chigwell. I can't be bothered to traipse all over the world just to get a service.

Hmm, £440 inc VAT without MOT at Mitsubishi Maidenhead! I said yes so committed but regret it now, Winchester is "only" £320 (Post Edit: ah, that appears to be exc VAT so a bit closer) for the same thing and cost of living i.e. labour/rates is arguably more there.

I am in the lucky position that mine is a company car 2 years 9 months old now with nearly 83000 miles, so I have already had 6 services but can't comment on the cost.

Both the dealerships closest to my home have closed in the last 12 months, but the leasing company insist on main dealer servicing, so I travel either 40 or 50 miles, depending on who can get me in soonest with a service loan car. I am required to wait until my service warning starts to count down at 1000 miles to go, so the services are getting more and more out of sync with the required mileage because the dealerships don't run enough loan cars and don't have enough hours to cope with demand.

The last service I booked, the earliest anyone could give me a loan car was a wait of 3 weeks! Mirage 1.2 Auto anyone - don't ask.

The thing is, they seem happy with making customers wait that long. With my previous 3 cars (all used for business, but owned and paid for by me) - 2 Vauxhalls and a Ford - the dealers were very apologetic if they needed me to wait more than a week. Also, their service departments were open for the convenience of the customers, especially the Vauxhall one, Service Reception was open from 6.30am to 6.30pm (Ford was 7.00am to 6.30pm), whereas the various Mitsubishi dealers I have used feel hard done by when I tell them 8.30am is too late to open and closing the doors at 5.30pm is far too early.

I had a Mirage auto loan car a couple of years ago - it was truly awful.
Therein lies the answer to why Mitsubishi dealers are a bit behind.....
The success of the PHEV has caught them all slightly by surprise.

We just paid Palmers Mitsubishi in Hemel £364 for our 4th year. It was our first service as we only bought our 3 year old 4HS last August. Happy enough with their level of service, but when I told them I’d just paid £200 for an annual service at the Watford AUDI main dealer for my A7 (which when new would have been a £50,000 car) they couldn’t explain why Mitsubishi was 75% more expensive than AUDI for an annual service. And, from the invoice, it was all related to the petrol engine, no mention of any servicing done to the PHEV part of the car. Must be very special spark plugs in the outlander ICE - £110 for 4! We like our Outlander but Mitsubishi dealers high servicing costs are quite off putting.

Hijacking this post rather than starting a new one

I've got the routine maintenance message on startup. Can any of you recommend a good place to get my 2017 phev serviced near bishops Stortford or Harlow?

Doesn't have to be a main dealer, I'd rather have any garage recommended for good work than feel obligated to use unrated dealer

Thanks

Back