Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Outlander keyfob hack. REMOTE HEATER!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:44 am 

After failing my first test with shorting, I soldered a button to SW3 yesterday.
What should I say, it is NOT working :evil:

Will try also soldering a button on SW6 on weekend. Maybe this is working....

2019 Top

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:34 am 

Mitch wrote:
After failing my first test with shorting, I soldered a button to SW3 yesterday.
What should I say, it is NOT working :evil:

Will try also soldering a button on SW6 on weekend. Maybe this is working....

If you have a 2019, it's not going to work.

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Molten Silver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:17 pm 

I tried this today on my MY17 Juro Commercial (2 + 1 button fob) and unfortunately it didn't work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:43 pm 

2017 here. What a killer mod!

Dry-run tried it by shorting (a simulated double click) the SW3 => Success! That is, the heater started in the car.

Will any tampering with the keyfobs void the warranty?

Since I have two keyfobs with "half-functioning" heating functionality (both have only the Heater off -button), I'm considering making one "fully functional" fob out of them.. I'd just loot one keyfob : strip the "Heater off" button and solder off the switch under it, then swap those with the stub ones in the other keyfob.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:48 pm 

seppette wrote:
2017 here. What a killer mod!

Dry-run tried it by shorting (a simulated double click) the SW3 => Success! That is, the heater started in the car.

Will any tampering with the keyfobs void the warranty?

Since I have two keyfobs with "half-functioning" heating functionality (both have only the Heater off -button), I'm considering making one "fully functional" fob out of them.. I'd just loot one keyfob : strip the "Heater off" button and solder off the switch under it, then swap those with the stub ones in the other keyfob.

What!! It worked?
Is that an early 2017 then, didn’t think it worked beyond 2016 models!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:11 pm 

Well it should be 2017 all right - although I'm not sure since I'm the 2nd owner, but the vehicle was first registered in June 2017 and was sold to me as a 2017 model.. How can I check to know for sure? And will I void the warranty if I mod the keyfobs?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:25 am 

I have a 2015 4hs model PHEV with the following key-fob buttons: three silver buttons on the front (lock,unlock,electric tailgate) and 2 buttons on the sides, one of which is blank; the other has a timer symbol and the word “off” on it.
Please could someone kindly summarise what the detailed step by step process is for this hack - ideally with annotated photos and links as I'm sure others with the same key-fob would benefit from it! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:02 am 

There are lot of photos here

Maybe the best you can find in this page:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2118&start=70

Just scan this 11 pages thread .. and you should find lot of information

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:06 pm 

Heh. Here's a picture of my modified keyfob.. :) I'm waiting for 4 button case from ebay, this will do until then. :) Can start the heater from inside the house.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:20 am 

Well... this hack is just the best. Something so simple. Ever since I bought the PHEV ive looked at that blank button and thought . . it must do something. I just never got round to playing with it .. . until today. My main reason for doing this is because I got a new phone and no matter how hard i tried i couldnt get it to connect to the car.

This Mod took me around 20 minutes and I used the standard fob case. The only thing I bought was a couple of switches.

So first of all I stripped down the fob and soldered on a new switch. Its a little fiddley but just take your time, cover the rest of the board with something just to stop any solder splatter that may jump off the iron.

I then removed the blank in the fob and cut down the 3 or 4 tiny bumps.. . the ones that are all in a line. Dont touch the two taller retaining clips.

I then cut down a small pice of WD40 straw and glued it onto the blank. I had to trim it a little more than whats on the picture I think overall its around 1.5mm long.

Next. .. make the hole in the fob case match the one on the other side. (take the 'off' button out to compare).

Put it all back together and see if it works.

So just for info my car is a 2016 GX4H.
Before I attempted this i made sure the switch would actually work by dismantling the fob, holding the battery onto the board and shorting SW3 with a screwdriver (double tap).

The car was plugged in and UNLOCKED. When the lights flashed the car also locked but the mirrors did not fold in. (not until the actual lock button is pressed).
I couldnt hear or see anything happen at first but then I remembered . . i have a in home energy meter thingy so i can see what the house is using. I looked at that and sure enough there was a draw on the system becasue the car was heating up. If i wouldnt have seen this Id never have known it worked, unless i waited 15-20 minutes.
I think it would run until the battery runs out. I do not think it would start the car simply cut out. If it did run the engine, it would as far as i know would be illigal to leave a car unattended while running.

Cheers everyone.
Matt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next