Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Any queries or suggestions of Mitsubishi Japan's enginee
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:59 pm 

When discussing the battery replacement, a refurbished/exchange program might be a good idea as well.

Body kit
Protection kit
TPMS
Skidplates

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:47 pm 

if there is an ability to change a setting in the car could they just add that as a simple toggle or switch in the settings menu rather than have to shut the door, turn it on, lock the door 5 times, put the headlights on, recite your children's names backwards, tap out ' Mitsubishi motors' in Morse on the horn etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:08 pm 

Ok, thanks for replies everyone. Things a little hectic as customers are starting back from their holidays here. Did put "sticky" buttons, as it seems popular, on the list and that should be feasible as from memory they already do that with some of the switches on the PHEV I think. Although I may have been dreaming. :?

Was it the Lane departure button that if you held it on for so long it would remember to stay off? I think it was the parking sonar was sticky as well? Bugger, I need to drive the PHEV more. :oops:

Should we work out which buttons we want to be sticky? Could be a lot of software reprogramming if we want them all I think.

Anko, trying to help you at the moment. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:14 am 

Thanks Trek. Yes, away from the Mmcs the key candidate for " stickiness " that I've seen is the lane departure and also the eco button I've seen requested.

UK MY16 4HS in Grey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:58 am 

How about linking the brightness control of the main dash instruments to the screen in the centre (where the media/vehicle info etc is).

At present, even on my 2019 model, the two are seperate. One control should adjust both display brightness settings. Either/Or will do it, but don't force the driver to adjust both all the time!

2001 Volvo V70 T5 SE
1997 Saab 9000 Aero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:16 am 

Trex wrote:

Should we work out which buttons we want to be sticky? Could be a lot of software reprogramming if we want them all I think.

Definitely sticky Save - that is just about the only button I ever press.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:37 pm 

Ok folks,

Just a quick catch up of where things are going with my dealings with MMAL (Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited) to ask or suggest from their technical department what I would like to know etc.

Now I wrote in the first post in this topic:
Trex wrote:
Now you should remember that I am still only dealing with the "middle men or women". I would love to be dealing direct with the engineers in Japan so there will be a delay from when I have asked a question to getting a response. I could imagine even translators are involved. But it is all I can do at the moment.

That "delay from when I have asked a question to getting a response" I wrote about is damn hard to put up with sometimes especially when they are "middle men or women" ie I am not dealing directly with the people that have the answers I would like to know etc. Please be assured I am not trying to put them down. It is just a really slow process sometimes that can be very frustrating IMHO.

So I have found a way of dealing with MMC (Mitsubishi Motors Corporation in Japan) direct. :D This is the company where the design engineers etc work at. It was not easy and it has taken me some time to work out how to get in touch with them but in their 1st reply to me (took about a day and a 1/2 from my 1st message to them :D ) it is showing a good result I think. The way they are treating my communication with them so far is like a breath of fresh air. :D

Will let you know how I go with the big bosses and engineers in Japan probably through a translator so I am probably still not dealing direct per se but I hope it works out better than before. ;)

Regards Trex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:08 pm 

Thanks Trex for the effort. :mrgreen:

I'm also desiring stickies for EV and ECO. (I now press religiously POWER, EV, ECO every time.)
And NO sticky for the cabin fan!
Of ALL things, why is the cabin heater sticky :?:
Just when I want to avoid the engine to start, I have to remember to turn of the heat before shutdown (or go through the 3 button push sequence :( )

And yes I think the MMC engineers have done a great job with this vehicle.
:D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:48 am 

Does the forum software support polls? If so, when we have 'a little list', a poll might be useful to give the Mitsubishi engineers a feel for how widespread demand for a particular feature might be from vehicle owners (no doubt they carry out some market research before committing to a change). It needn't be used to determine the result (we all know how 'reliable' Internet polls can be), but it might give more power to Trex's elbow.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:24 pm 

ChrisMiller wrote:
Does the forum software support polls?

Yes it does.
Look at the bottom of the page when creating a new topic...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next