Any queries or suggestions of Mitsubishi Japan's engineers?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nils944 said:
I applaud your efforts Trex!

For those of us with older PHEVs a great software update would be an EV-only mode option (e.g. via re-programming the Eco botton or an option in the MMCS).

It's nuts that the ICE starts just to provide cabin heat. I can just shut off the climate system to avoid engaging the ICE, but often I need it to keep the windows free from fog/frost.

If you hadn't written this I would have done. Agree completely.

Phevy said:
ChrisMiller said:
Does the forum software support polls?
Yes it does.
Look at the bottom of the page when creating a new topic...

Sorry I can not see where you can create a poll but I might have something turned off in the user panel that I do not know about. :?

Is it part of the attachment area ie a certain file needed?

How about the load area light turning off when the car is locked, like the other interior lights?

I keep leaving it on :roll:

Phevy said:
ChrisMiller said:
Does the forum software support polls?
Yes it does.
Look at the bottom of the page when creating a new topic...

Ok thanks to ChrisMiller's suggestion it would appear the mods can create a poll which I am hoping Phevy will set one up for us so we can work out what suggestions are most popular and it will not be just left up to me to decide which ones look to be the most popular and then put on that list.

Now we have time as I am only trying to work with MMC at the moment on those drive battery items on the list. I am sorry if that appears selfish of me but I have been trying to sort them out for awhile and I just want to finish them off once and for all.

But I will work through that list as quickly as I can.

Regards Trex.

:?: Here are the Poll questions:
http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4204
http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4205

I had to split it in two, as a poll can only have 10 items.

Let me know If I missed something?

I would like to be able to lock the vehicle and leave the A/C on a set temp. for these reasons 1. Running errands. 2. Leaving dog in car.

Edit: I know it can be done using correct lock settings (unlock driver door only) then locking all doors then exiting vehicle and using the actual key to lock drivers door but this is a PITA.

I'd like to be able to swap units from miles to kilometres, when passing from UK to Europe.
Much easier for adhering to speed limits, which they seem to be tightening-up on now.

Phevy said:
greendwarf said:
How about the load area light turning off when the car is locked, like the other interior lights?
I keep leaving it on :roll:
Don't you have a "middle" setting? If I remember mine is "Off","Auto","On"

Not on my 2014 model - perhaps they have already "fixed" it for newer ones ;)

So just another quick catch up of how its going with MMC Japan.

I sent off a detailed communication to them about 5 days ago about some of those drive battery items on the list and have not heard back from them yet. :( If I have not heard from them in a couple of days I will resend it (original may have got lost in the ether :? ) and just probably keep sending some newer queries as well. But I do not want to make them sick of hearing from me by asking too many questions or volunteering suggestions too quickly. Feels a bit like I am walking a fine line. ;) :roll:

stripey said:
nils944 said:
I applaud your efforts Trex!

For those of us with older PHEVs a great software update would be an EV-only mode option (e.g. via re-programming the Eco botton or an option in the MMCS).

It's nuts that the ICE starts just to provide cabin heat. I can just shut off the climate system to avoid engaging the ICE, but often I need it to keep the windows free from fog/frost.

If you hadn't written this I would have done. Agree completely.
Count me in for a reprogrammable Eco button, too.

I have heard from MMC Japan about my detailed technical communication and basically they have said it has been sent to the relevant department to be discussed. :D

Will now keep sending more communications.

Regards Trex.

1. The charging plug door doesn't lock like the petrol door. I dont think anyone can siphon your electricity (?) but more thinking of casual mindless vandals / EV haters. Now there are no key slots that's probably the most vulnerable point. Presumably not an issue in Japan ...
2. We have iPhones but dont use Siri and therefore can't use Apple Play. This seems to throw the console and our phones into a tailspin of trying to start Apple Play and failing. Eventually they connect and work OK (calls, music etc) but it is distracting. I want to just turn that feature off permanently.
3. Music will start playing seemingly by magic from a bluetooth connected device. I would expect to have to press play on either my device or the console first.
4. Touch screen seems a wasted opportunity, e.g. in audio modes you cant tap or slide the track progress bar to skip, you have to use tiny ineffective buttons.
5. Way too many physical buttons for the driver to play/be distracted by. With a big shiny touch screen, some could be shifted to screen-only control?
6. The display options for the driver (above the steering wheel) should be available on the big screen too. It could probably fit all the display modes on a single page? That would be my default display.

Ok folks,

I am heading towards the bottom of the list on page 1 of this thread ie a button's state to be remembered (or sticky) etc of queries, suggestions to be sent to MMC.

Everyone voted in the polls?

Do we want to give people more time?

Regards Trex.

I’d rather ask that all settings remain sticky (as they were, just before switching off). There could be an alternative “reset all” function to return them to Mitsubishi’s preferred initial state instead of the last one. Maybe a double-tap of the “power” button to achieve the alternative.
I find the clearing of the regenerative braking level as soon as you go into reverse, let alone switch off, rather disconcerting. Maybe there’s some kind safety consideration behind it?

Hi folks,

Just a quick catch up. Sent a communication to MMC about the polls that had sticky EV and sticky Eco as the most popular about 2 weeks ago. Have not heard from them yet so will resend and ask if they had received it previously.

They are probably getting sick of me I reckon. ;)

mike0 said:
1. The charging plug door doesn't lock like the petrol door. I dont think anyone can siphon your electricity (?) but more thinking of casual mindless vandals / EV haters. Now there are no key slots that's probably the most vulnerable point. Presumably not an issue in Japan ...
2. We have iPhones but dont use Siri and therefore can't use Apple Play. This seems to throw the console and our phones into a tailspin of trying to start Apple Play and failing. Eventually they connect and work OK (calls, music etc) but it is distracting. I want to just turn that feature off permanently.
3. Music will start playing seemingly by magic from a bluetooth connected device. I would expect to have to press play on either my device or the console first.
4. Touch screen seems a wasted opportunity, e.g. in audio modes you cant tap or slide the track progress bar to skip, you have to use tiny ineffective buttons.
5. Way too many physical buttons for the driver to play/be distracted by. With a big shiny touch screen, some could be shifted to screen-only control?
6. The display options for the driver (above the steering wheel) should be available on the big screen too. It could probably fit all the display modes on a single page? That would be my default display.

I can’t agree to some of these:
1. I’m confused which model you have, it mine (my19) locks the charge door
2. Odd, I don’t use Siri and I have no issues with car play
3. Isn’t this normal, more to do with the device than the vehicle?
4. Unsure, not bothered either way but touch screens in cars are generally a poor idea
5. Be careful what you wish for, buttons are vastly better than touch screens for driving and I’d probably not buy a car which had totally gone over to touch screen only. I test drove a Mondeo a few years ago and everything (including the AC) is done on the touch screen. It’s really poor and difficult to use, simple things that you wouldn’t normally have to take your eyes off the road to change suddenly you do. Simply put buttons you can learn and use without your eyes, touchscreens you have to look at, very poor for driving imho. Manufacturers only like touch screen because they’re cheap as chips.
6. Nice idea, that would be a really useful page.

I think the locking 'leccy door came with MY19.
I agree that some customisation of what was infant of the driver might be beneficial. The ability to see the time might be an example...

Back