Android 9 and the remote app

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Just managed to reset wifi using the hazard-flashing-and-20-keyfob-presses method... and then open car for new devices with the 10-presses-method...

To get new Android phones successfully registered I had to have phone wifi on but NOT connected to car or to any other wifi network, then start the app, choose car's wifi and enter wifi password in app.

If I instead followed the instructions found in the car: first connect the phone to the car's wifi and then start app and register then the app registration was quickly denied.

Hope this can help someone: Leave it to the app to connect to the car wifi.

Update

My 2014 car went in for its safety recalls when it was said they would also complete the software update so that I could get the 14 character password and switch the the PHEV I app. Whilst it was in at Mitsubishi Milton Keynes I got a call to say they could do the software update but as my car is out of warranty they were hesitant to do so. They said there was a 30% chance of it going wrong and me needing a new media unit - at a cost of £1500 :shock: I wasn't happy taking that risk so said to leave it.

Once I got the car back I contacted the Mitsubishi UK MD via email to explain the situation I was in. One of his caseworkers got back in touch and said they would investigate. A week later they had got in touch with their tech team who said it shouldn't be a procedure that had 30% chance of going wrong and also spoke with the service manager at Mitsubishi MK. The car went back in today and I'm glad to say the upgrade was successful. They issued me a new 14 character password and the PHEV I app is up and running! Very happy with the outcome even if it did take a bit of pressure on Mitsubishi to get their finger out.

Have you still got the email address of the people you spoke to as I am having the same problem. My car was in for a service yesterday I asked them to upgrade to a 14 digit password they said it was too risky as it was taking ECU out.

I have just purchased a PHEV and am too having problem with my 2015 connection to REMOTE APP. I was in and out for a few hrs with no joy, looked at all the ways to connect but couldn't and cant. There was a Smart Phone added but did the reset using hazard lights and back to none, then do the pairing and my phone recognises it but the add doesn't on my Android S9 Galaxy. The drop down menu is Blank when trying to put in SSID. Im guessing the problem is more or less as said here already. Mine is the 10digit PIN.

I am going to go back to MITSUBISHI as it is still under Warranty. I am hoping they update the app to the new 14digit code. If I read sooner could of saved myself hrs of nothing. . .

I just got my 14 character password from the dealer yesterday. PAID $150nzd FOR IT. I tried to connect for the first time and keep getting error. Since I tried to connect to my SSID before the i got the password my phone remembered the ssid and saved if. I looked at my phone wifi save network and deleted the PHEV SSID. After that it connected right away

Back