Using the MMCS LCD as screen for android auto (2014 model)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanzhar

Hi All,

I was digging around and found a manual for MMCS W15(w12?) where I found this part: 890P19412 , M041 ASSY-LCD. A google search has not yielded anything useful... But I was thinking, can we perhaps "splice" into the wire that goes from MMCS to the LCD screen and stream our own video signal?

What I had in mind is have a raspberry pi with openauto running and then a switch which would alternate between the "stock" LCD signal (for all things MMCS + back-up camera) and whatever the pi is showing.

I scoured some russian forums but couldn't find anything helpful...

Thanks for reading :)

Without knowing what signals (LVDM maybe?) the MMCS unit outputs to the LCD, your best bet might be to fool it into thinking the car is in reverse and switching a composite video signal into the reversing camera input.

In the manual it shows rear camera connecting to NAVI Power 8P Connector, a google search doesn't reveal much... I'm wondering then, what would I lose if I replace the stock unit with something better? Remote timer I can setup via wifi app but for the rest?

sanzhar said:
In the manual it shows rear camera connecting to NAVI Power 8P Connector, a google search doesn't reveal much... I'm wondering then, what would I lose if I replace the stock unit with something better? Remote timer I can setup via wifi app but for the rest?

Have a look at any of my posts about my set-up. I've a Pioneer double DIN and run the AppRadio Unchained app on my Android phone - full mirroring and control of the phone from the head unit, with steering wheel controls functioning (except voice command, which you can do from the head unit's button).

Back