Modding the PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ minical

I have pics, but they are not uploading for me. I've tried several times in the past without success.

I get a message stating "The image file you tried to attach is invalid"

All my photos are in jpg. format, which works fine every where else I post on the 'net.

gaustin70 said:
Anyone tried this kit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lift-Kit-for-MMC-Outlander-Lancer-ASX-Lancer-Jeep-Compass-Patriot-1-6-40mm/283435475741?hash=item41fe12231d:g:XD4AAOSwJcxcn7hp

I bought the 40 mm kit, my shop tried to install it but says the passenger side CV hits the control arm, and it is impossible to fit. Wasted $200 labor and they had to put it back together. So I'm not sure if my shop is at fault, or if the 40 mm kits doesn't fit the PHEV.

BCbackroader said:
I got out for a 4 hour test run on logging roads with the lift kit today. The extra clearance made a big difference in the car's ability to traverse the cross ditching used on the older dis-used trails, which was the point of the exercise. I'm very pleased with the results of the mod, and so far have seen no negatives to the on-road handling, which feels exactly like it did before.

I'd love to know the name of the shop that did yours as I have the same vehicle and the same needs. Would love to get them to do the same work. Thanks.

Hello Guys, new here! AS FOR MODDING PHEV Thread.

I am looking for inspiration to build my 2014 (first gen) PHEV into a slightly looking All-terrain-yy (not too off-road aggressive) looking vehicle. Have anyone modded their car yet? I believe it will not hurt to share some photos right?

I (if not all) bought PHEV for economic concerns but HEY! We can still have fun with our vehicle, right?

Hoping to hear from all COOL guys here! :D

dhan said:
Hello Guys, new here! AS FOR MODDING PHEV Thread.

I am looking for inspiration to build my 2014 (first gen) PHEV into a slightly looking All-terrain-yy (not too off-road aggressive) looking vehicle. Have anyone modded their car yet? I believe it will not hurt to share some photos right?

I (if not all) bought PHEV for economic concerns but HEY! We can still have fun with our vehicle, right?

Hoping to hear from all COOL guys here! :D

Hey, i am doing the same. Looking at Yokohama Geolander - and a 40mm lift. looks like this forum has gone dead all of a sudden.. would love to see updates from you guys here!

jcolvin said:
gaustin70 said:
Anyone tried this kit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lift-Kit-for-MMC-Outlander-Lancer-ASX-Lancer-Jeep-Compass-Patriot-1-6-40mm/283435475741?hash=item41fe12231d:g:XD4AAOSwJcxcn7hp

I bought the 40 mm kit, my shop tried to install it but says the passenger side CV hits the control arm, and it is impossible to fit. Wasted $200 labor and they had to put it back together. So I'm not sure if my shop is at fault, or if the 40 mm kits doesn't fit the PHEV.

Thats' a shame. What year Outlander do you have? I was thinking of doing the same for my 2015 pre-facelift PHEV.

Anything less than that will look funny :mrgreen:
Guys I believe you got the wrong car to play with...
2015-baja-portalegre-500-to-feature-a-2016-mitsubishi-outlander-phev-96842_1.jpg

Back