Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV 2015 - TPMS Issue. . .

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djclubber

I have an issue with the TPMS WARNING LIGHT saying requires Service. I have pumped up the tires and followed some instructions to reset the TPMS, but it hasn't worked. . .

I am new to this Forum and new to the Vehicle only had it a few days.

If I need to replace any Sensors, do I need to use any tool to programme them? If so any suggestion on what I need? I can also try and use the tool on the existing Sensors to see if they just need learning. Open to advice being a newbie.

Just to make sure I am doing the reset right, i go to the settings down to TPMS it say 1 - 2 then under RESET I hold the button and it should reset??? Is this right?

Really want to try and fix without booking it into Mitsubishi if I can help it.

Finally Thanks for having me at this forum, at this stage I am not able to offer any advice as Learner at this stage.. .

Andy

'TPMS Requires Service' is different from it detecting a tyre pressure mismatch, which just puts on the warning light. This indicates an issue either with a sensor, the antennas or the electronics.

As you've only had it a few days, the obvious thing would be to take it back to where you got it from and get them to sort it out as they're legally obliged to do.

However, the fault should be logged as a C code (ie chassis related), so if you've got a standard OBDII/EOBD/JOBD compatible code reader you can get that. That might give you some indication as to whether it's a sensor fault, wiring fault, antenna fault or ECU fault. I'm sure there'll be a list somewhere online.

richr said:
'TPMS Requires Service' is different from it detecting a tyre pressure mismatch, which just puts on the warning light. This indicates an issue either with a sensor, the antennas or the electronics.

As you've only had it a few days, the obvious thing would be to take it back to where you got it from and get them to sort it out as they're legally obliged to do.

However, the fault should be logged as a C code (ie chassis related), so if you've got a standard OBDII/EOBD/JOBD compatible code reader you can get that. That might give you some indication as to whether it's a sensor fault, wiring fault, antenna fault or ECU fault. I'm sure there'll be a list somewhere online.

Ok got my mate to put his scanner on it and came up with this: -

C1902 RESET FAIL(WARNING THRESHOLD)
C1921 TYRE ID RECEPTION FAIL, TYRE2
1st ID: 0EE441B8
2nd ID: OEE441BC
3rd ID: OEE441B6
4th ID: OEE441B2

Does this help in anyway with a fix?

djclubber said:
richr said:

Ok got my mate to put his scanner on it and came up with this: -

C1902 RESET FAIL(WARNING THRESHOLD)
C1921 TYRE ID RECEPTION FAIL, TYRE2
1st ID: 0EE441B8
2nd ID: OEE441BC
3rd ID: OEE441B6
4th ID: OEE441B2

Does this help in anyway with a fix?Visit Autoguysland to view more obd2 scanners in case you concern.

I know it is old post, but i just want give some reference links that you can view to figure out your issue. Hope it can help.

https://www.ateq-tpms.com/en-us/article/diagnostic-information-mitsubishi-outlander/
http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=822

Back