Who are you?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Owner since 2019-06-21
2. 2018 GT
3. I have no idea what 'Facelift' means in relation to a vehicle
4. What attracted me to the car initially was the PHEV. I'm anticipating going for weeks without having to fill up the gas tank, but also having the peace of mind knowing that the gas tank is there to power me when the battery is empty. And we need the cargo space for our road trips.
5. Vancouver, Canada
7. This is our first ever Electric Vehicle of any kind.

mbasjm said:
Welcome to PHEV-land :)

The 'facelift' is getting rather archaic (not to say arcane). There was a significant cosmetic change to the car's design ~2015 - the thumbnail logo of the site at the top of the page illustrates a 'pre-facelift' version, the facelift introduced a bit of extra chrome (and some changes to the electronics). Since then there have been (at least) a couple of further updates, the latest including an increase in engine size to 2.4 litres (which may not have reached all markets worldwide, yet). It's not easy to tell the different 'post-facelift' versions apart, externally - the design of the alloy wheels is the biggest clue for me.

ChrisMiller said:
mbasjm said:
It's not easy to tell the different 'post-facelift' versions apart, externally - the design of the alloy wheels is the biggest clue for me.
Funny thing is, I can easily seperate a 2019 model from a 2018 model from a distance from pretty much every angle. But don’t ask me what the differences are, I have no idea :mrgreen: :cool:

Hi Everyone
I picked my new toy up last Saturday.
5h Atlantic grey with red leather 68 plate.
To say I'm impressed doesn't do it justice, my only two niggles are no digital speed readout and the cheap build of the pull out cargo cover.
Not really important compared to everything that IS right.

Attachments

• leather2 (3).jpg
    912 KB · Views: 56
Hello everybody. Happy to join the forum.

1. New owner of a used Outlander PHEV
2. 2014
3. Non facelift
4. Battery capacity ... room space
5. Close to Paris - France
6. IT and digital
7. Tons of Prius and clean car reviewer https://hybridlife.org

I hope I will find specific information in this forum.

Hey all!
Just bought my second hand 2017 PHEV Exceed. So far there's a lot to like!

1. Owner: second hand black PHEV (dealer staff car).
2. Model: MY17 Exceed
3. Facelift: I need a tummy tuck more than a facelift at this stage. Also the front of the car looks good, nice and aggressive without being too showy.
4. What attracted you to the car initially: Affordable electric driving, fuel economy and luggage space.
5. Location: Melbourne, Australia
6. Occupation: Warehouse manager
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before: My second car was a Honda Civic Hybrid, then I moved onto a Lexus RX400h hybrid, now the Outlander is my first plug-in hybrid.

Attachments

• Bessie.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 34
Hi.

1. 2019-05 - used with 110k km
2. MY2014
3. non facelift
4. Idea of using electricity to move around town.
5. Poland, Łódź
6. IT (SysAdmin)
7. My father has Toyota Hybrid for 12 years now (250k km and standing strong). My first EV of any kind for everyday driving.

1. Owner 24/05/2019
2. MY 2016 TOP version (despite production is middle 2015) - actually weird version as it has everything from 2016 TOP version but the windscreen electric heating.
3. face-lift (if I would buy non face-list my wife would not drive it ever) :)
4. Plug in hybrid 4x4 SUV - was looking for family car SUV with 4x4 capable of being economical in multiple (around 6-8) short (2-3 km trips) a day. HEV cars would have bad economy when the engine is warming up. So it had to be a plug-in hybrid.
5. Nowy Tomysl, Poland
6. IT. Sysadmin and programmer.
7. Felt in love with Toyotas hybrid cars (drive a number of cars before when getting them from toyota dealer for a number of days each). Considered prius plug in but was too expensive to be a 4 seat car (opposed to 5 seat) with small carry weight and 2 wheels drive only. No experience with Mitsubishi EV/PHEV before.

1. Owner from 6th July 2019
2. Model - 2017 4H
3. Facelift
4. What attracted you to the car initially - hybrid, 4x4 and something to replace my aging XC90 which cost a fortune in diesel to run
5. Location - Yorkshire Wolds, England
6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language) - Application Support Manager (when computer programs break I try to fix them)
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - None

1. Company car driver - delivery August 14th
2. Model - 2019 Instyle
3. Facelift
4. What attracted you to the car initially - serial hybrid concept, 4x4,
5. Location - Kirkkonummi, Finland, Europe
6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language) - turbine & generator services, engineering
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - I have an EM57 electric trials bike, and an electrically assisted fat bike - test drove everything from toyota to tesla :shock:

1. Owner as of Wednesday 14th

2. 2018 Juro, 2.4

3. no idea what face lift is

4. Hybrid, 2.4 engine for business miles claims, suitable for dogs, 4x4

5. Dalkeith, Scotland

6. Area Manager

7. no electric car experience before

1. Owner - today!
2. Model - 2014 White Aspire
3. Facelif - non facelift
4. What attracted you to the car initially - I really want an electric car, but can't justify the upfront cost at the moment + there are few options in Australia. I also wanted something a bit bigger than my prius to go camping in. the phev ticked most of the boxes.
5. Location - Cairns, Australia
6. Occupation - developer, mostly involved in salesforce integrations and customisations.
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - no prior PHEV experience, but i've got a 2012 prius that I love, plug in hybrid was the next logical step. eventually would like to have a full BEV.

I love the sound it makes when you accelerate in EV mode!

1. Owner since 17th August 2019
2. 2015 GX4H Atlantic Grey
3. Non facelift
4. Was looking for something to replace my trusty Volvo XC70 as to next family wagon. Needed to be spacious, comfortable, capable of carrying loads of family ‘stuff’, and then something the XC wasn’t great at.... economy!
5. Location - Norfolk, UK
6. Occupation - Product and Solutions Manager in SatComms industry (aka Really Remote Communications; from handheld satellite radios to integrated vehicle/vessel voice and data solutions via satellite)
7. No previous experience of EV/PHEV - my first experience was the test drive a few days before I bought the car!

1. Owner: Will be the proud owner starting 30 August 2019
2. Model: White 2014 Business edition
3. Facelift / non facelift (after or before 2016 exterior change): I guess no Facelift
4. What attracted you to the car initially: the fact that it will fit my very tall husband (2.06m) and tall daughters (already 1.80 at 14 years old)
5. Location - city & country: Assen, The Netherlands
6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language): Finance and Project Officer
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before: none at all, but very eager to start driving EV

Hello! Well I'm onto my 2nd one ...

1. Lease car Aug 15 to April 19
2. GX3h in white
3. Pre facelift
4. Tax benefits, size, 4x4 (always wanted a Landrover - this is getting close)
5. Gateshead, UK
6. Complicated, Facilities Manager and Building Engineer
7. None but curious

Then.....

1. Owner from April 19
2. GX3h+ in red
3. Post facelift (just), needed that electric heater and better suspension
4. Looked at a very wide range of options, but nothing else came close for features and economy.
5. As before
6. Even more complicated - just say Building Engineer
7. Now a convert. This car isn't perfect, but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

A couple of points:

1. Keen to find a battery reset method that actually works
2. I also like the EV acceleration noise (sounds like the Enterprise - if only in my head)

1. Purchased Aug 14, 2019
2. 2018 MY - SE Touring Edition in Ruby Black w/ a tow hitch (it was one year old with 13,000 kms when purchased)
3. Facelift (2018 model year)
4. What attracted me? Only EV or PHEV available in North America that can handle the cargo of a 4 person active family with a dog (mountain biking, snowboarding, camping etc), that gets at least 30kms on EV only and doesn't cost more than 50k CAD. In North America, currently the Outlander PHEV has zero competition in this regard.
5. From Victoria, BC, Canada
6. I am a Director of Sales & Marketing for a large luxury hotel
7. This is my first experience with an EV/PHEV

Bought a 2019 Outlander PHEV Aug 1 2019 traded in a V6 vehicle to go mostly on Battery
My brother owns a Chevy Bolt, however my wife wasn't ready for full BEV.
I Drive mostly around town so 35k (or so) is usually enough for a day or two of driving.
I live in the Rocky Mountains of Canada so I'll report back on extreme cold weather usage.
Will probably use this vehicle as a cross over to full BEV or new Outlander in 2021.
I wanted to reduce my carbon emissions but wanted something with AWD as the roads can get a bit sketchy here in the winter
Yes I put winter tires on the vehicle. Its required by law where I live from October 1 to April 1. Sometimes April 30 depends on weather (I told you the roads can be sketchy here in the winter)
Various rebates from the Governments helped with my decision

So far impressions? I have watched lots of Andy's videos however I'm not as concerned with the guessometer. I knew I wasnt buying a BEV. A fuel gauge is a guessometer was well. Sometimes you geut further on a tank than others lots of differing factors on that. like many in the forums the good outweighs the bad.

Purchased new , Sept 30,'19
Outlander GT,. Silver
Passed on my '15 Kia Sorrento (which has been flawless) to my son/family, as a great used car.
Live in Calgary, AB, retired by my wife still works as a realtor, so wanted to dip our toe(s) into the battery world, without being fully committed to battery only, as this is a primary vehicle for us.
Needed the SUV size room (dogs and hobbies)
Since much of our driving is locally, within 50-60 km runs or much less sometimes, this appears to fit our usage type very well.
So far I'm VERY happy with this choice!

1. Purchased new, co-Owner since october 4 (it's my wife car but I'm the technical guy)
2. 2019 PHEV SE S-AWC
3. Facelift (facelift I guess since it's 2019)
4. Hybrid concept, environmental conciousness but she still wanted a SUV
5. Montreal area, Quebec, Canada
6. Information Technology sysadmin (Manage back end computer for retail business)
7. No experience before, this is our first EV or hybrid.

Back