Are dealers simply ignorant, or dishonest?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going back to OP (I've been away on holiday :cool: ) I think the comments about the dealer are possibly unfair. Yes a 5k annual usage would seem to indicate ideal for the PHEV but then he mentions about not using EV above 30mph - which suggests that most of this mileage might be at higher speeds. If so then a diesel would be a better buy. This was a 3rd party report of the dealer/customer conversation so unreliable.

Similarly (as noted above) I also use the B settings like gears - especially for slowing the car by "changing down". So again perhaps unfair on dealer.

30 mph and over for 5000 mile per year would suggest a petrol (hybrid) or possibly full EV car, not a Diesel, so the advice is wrong in any case.

jaapv said:
Especially if you drive both manual and automatic/EV vehicles. Sadly, the art of shifting gears is getting lost. Double Clutching is becoming an esoteric art, as is Heel-and-Toeing, let alone operating a crash-box. I am getting to be one of the few drivers who can shift gears without touching the clutch. Came in handy a few years ago when a rubber in the clutch hydraulics gave way a long way from home. The only giveaway is the jump when starting the car in second gear. :mrgreen:

Done the same in my Landrover Defender, but had quite some practice in the 70s while in the Army. Real challenge was double-double cluchtnin the DAF YA328, going from road to terrain switching from 2High to 3Low without coming to a standstill :lol:

Back