How do I get the app for remote heating?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arcticfox

I have inherited a 2017 PHEV. I have very little technical knowledge and I wonder how to get the app for remotely pre-heating my car. As I live in Finland I will definitely need that, and I understand that if I use the control panel in the car it will only pre-heat for 10 minutes which will certainly not be enough. In the winter we normally experience a couple of weeks when the temperature is between -20 and -30 C.

So, can I just download the app from somewhere? I have an old samsung smartphone with some version of android... can try to find out which if necessary? I have bluetooth but how do I connect the app/phone to the car in my yard?

Sorry for the stupid questions!

You'll need to work out which of the three Mitsubishi apps (PHEV, PHEV I and PHEV II) is the right one for your car - I suspect it's the last of these (my post-facelift 2015 model uses PHEV I), but please don't take that as anything other than a semi-intelligent guess :)

The app connects via the car's WiFi (not Bluetooth, which doesn't have the necessary range), so you'll need to find out the passcode that's 'baked' into the car's system (the SSID should look something like REMOTEnnxxxx). If you haven't been provided with the passcode, I think a dealer can reset the system and generate a new one.

Back