Issue with PHEV I app after Android OS upgrade

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndog

Sorry but I'm a dinosaur when it comes to mobile phones: Still using a Nokia 3310 c2000 much to the amusement of friends & family...

However, after purchasing my PHEV MY16 in Dec 2015, I decided to buy an Android Smart phone, mainly to educate myself & also benefit from the remote app. (Not sure if there is too much benefit, but I do like the ability to pre-heat the car in winter by remote control).

All seemed fine on Android 5.1.1 using the PHEV I Remote App
Updated app in Jan 2016 to v: A.1.4.0 (Previously A.1.3.7) & vehicle v: 0.01F.0.2.0.000 (previously 0.01E.0.1.8.000).

Yesterday I decided to update the Android OS which was performed via my home WiFi; all seemed fine until opening the PHEV I app which apparently had been updated as part of the OS upgrade...

The opening page presented a large Red Warning Notice:
!This OS is remodeled!
It is not recommended to use the MITSUBISHI REMOTE CONTROL

The new system data shows OS to be Android 6.0.1
Software: App v: A.1.7.3 and Vehicle v: 0.030.0.0.0.000

It seems my rather basic Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 phone cannot upgrade to later versions of the OS.

Apart from the Red Warning at startup the app seems to work, but haven't tried all the functions yet.
Practical suggestions as to what this warning refers to, and what action I should now take would be gratefully received.

Thanks

I just noticed Mitsubishi released a new app called Outlander Phev.
The message you're getting might be Mitsubishi trying to tell you in Mitsubishi language to download the new "remodeled" app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inventec.iMobile2

Reviews are great :)

Richi Jennings
October 1, 2019
You utter idiots. You replaced the original app with one that can't be used unless the car gets an update. But no dealer will perform the update, because it's "no longer available." Catch 22!

obiuquido144 said:
I just noticed Mitsubishi released a new app called Outlander Phev.
The message you're getting might be Mitsubishi trying to tell you in Mitsubishi language to download the new "remodeled" app.
Judging by the reviews you linked to, I'm not sure that the MMC devs would be able to code such a sophisticated message. Don't think I've ever seen such a unanimous condemnation of a new software release before... :(

Any one managed to log on using the new app? I changed phone in the summer and had it on my list of to get it working again but haven't done so yet. By the look of the reviews you can't use the app unless you update the car software, and that isn't available from the dealer network anymore?

VillageIdiotDan said:
By the look of the reviews you can't use the app unless you update the car software, and that isn't available from the dealer network anymore?

The MMC blurb states you only need to update the vehicle software if you were using the original app. (which assumes you have not had any vehicle software updates during annual servicing I guess). If you have been using the PHEV I app it implies your vehicle software should be or is at a compatible version???

Copy of the guidance:
MITSUBISHI Remote Control is a renewed and unified experience combining and replacing the prior “OUTLANDER PHEV”, “OUTLANDER PHEV I” applications. This app is intended to provide the same functionality (and more) in an improved user interface.

For users of the earlier applications:
- “OUTLANDER PHEV” : If you are using this app, you may need to contact the nearest Authorized Mitsubishi Dealership to implement the service campaign of the security upgrade.
- “OUTLANDER PHEV I” : Please download this new MITSUBISHI Remote Control app and re-register.

For Troubleshooting and our FAQ, please visit our MITSUBISHI Remote Control website here: https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html#check

If you were using the older app might be worth checking with your local MMC dealer regarding vehicle software updates; it seems odd that a compatible update is reported as no longer available.

From my perspective I don't feel inclined to waste time upgrading my app until the shortcomings have been addressed... :?

Yeah started using the new app. Same stuff just a new design/ interface

Back