Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Triple Procedure & Setup (Costs around 80USD)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:16 pm 

Did somebody run the "J2534 Pass-Thru" driver in combination with a mini VCI cable and the MUT III Software successfully on Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit) or is an old Windows 7 (32-bit) system required?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:21 pm 

Yes

2019 Top

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:48 pm 

sportster wrote:
Did somebody run the "J2534 Pass-Thru" driver in combination with a mini VCI cable and the MUT III Software successfully on Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit) or is an old Windows 7 (32-bit) system required?

Both of 32 and 64 and XP, 7, 8, 10 are supported.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:36 pm 

Thank you for your feedback! I intend to order a mini VCI cable and Nikolay's driver and will try to get the MUT III software working on my laptop on Windows 10 64-bit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:18 pm 

Nikolay,

I suppose your "J2534 Pass-Thru" driver is relying on the driver provided by the mini VCI cable vendor. However, until now I only found cable vendors explicitely stating that they only support 32-bit Windows.

Is my assumption regarding your driver correct? If yes, do you have a recommendation for a mini VCI cable which is compatible with your driver and can be used on 64-bit Windows?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:18 pm 

sportster wrote:
Nikolay,
I suppose your "J2534 Pass-Thru" driver is relying on the driver provided by the mini VCI cable vendor. However, until now I only found cable vendors explicitely stating that they only support 32-bit Windows.
Is my assumption regarding your driver correct? If yes, do you have a recommendation for a mini VCI cable which is compatible with your driver and can be used on 64-bit Windows?
Thank you.

32-bit applications will also work with 64-bit OS. My driver support 64-bit OS'es. All J2534 adapters i know use 32-bit DLL's for work with 3-rd part programs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:50 am 

I have seen online workarounds for the mini VCI on 64 bit systems.

Wiltshire UK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:56 pm 

As I'm curious by nature, I've been checking some of the links in this topic, although it seems a bit early to start fiddling with the battery software (hope I never have to).

I do wonder. Is it possible to turn off one or more of the "helpfull" warning sounds in the coding?

I fully understand the use of some of them, but they have really gone overboard with the beeps and blings. Of course I knew this buying the car (and did sleep over it, beïng a possible deal breaker), so can't complain. If it can be turned of though :mrgreen:

Soon to be charged by 14 solar panels

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:03 pm 

I have problems installing the MUT-III Software on my system. The „MUT-III CANBus Database“ installation step aborts with the messages „Instance does not exist“ and „Aquisition of a item went wrong“.

I’m using freshly installed Windows 10 Home 32-bit Version 1903.

Afterwards I tried to install the SQL Server 2014 Express download package provided by Microsoft separately. This did not resolve the problem.

I’m trying MUT-III 2018 Build PRE18091-00.

See attached screenshots. Any suggestions?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:46 am 

Update: I resolved this issue.

We need MUT 3 SE, not the whole MUT 3 package. Thus aborting the installation at the stage above is not a big problem.

I successfully installed MUT 3 SE by executing Mut3check.exe from the „MUT-3 SE" subdirectory of the MUT-3 installation folder. The destination directory was „C:\MUTSW\MUT3SE", thus I had to modify Nikolay's „!Fix MUT-III SE.bat" file to update this directory.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7