what range of SOH you think ok for 2015 with 63k miles

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martian

what range of SOH you think ok for 2015 with 63k miles on the clock?

I am taking PHEV watchdog.. I wont buy it if it has had a battery reset.

but what SOH should I expect? 95% seems unlikely right?

69% means I can take battery back to Mitsu as long as under 100k miles?

appreciate advice - only one chance to buy!

thanks

Watchdog is rather unreliable to determine SOH. Mitsubishi will certainly not accept the reading. Just insist on an official Mitsubishi battery health report. If not provided, walk away.

thats probably correct but buying from a private sale may not have this luxury

only indication can have there and then is the app?

Not sure I can drag the driver to Dealers verify this Data?

would it be done under warranty ?

Going to a car dealer and they seem to know nothing about this, or want to know nothing about this.

Sounds like the price is tempting, but naturally you're worried about it's SOH.

I don't totally agree about not buying a reset car, it saves you the trouble of doing it yourself, which is a bit hit and miss!

Naturally you will want a test drive. Unless the reset was very recent I would think that a long enough test drive, until the ICE kicks in, should give you something to go on from the trip mileage reading.

25 miles or more would be okay IMO.

Giving a suggested EV mileage is absolutely meaningless, I'm afraid. It totally depends on how you drive the car. Our 64-plate has done 55,000 miles, and the GOM varies between 18 and 28 miles depending on how it's driven and who's been driving it. Our EV mileage varies depending on the road we take. Turn onto the motorway and it's lucky to hit 15: stay in town and on country roads, and it'll hit 25 with ease.

Not that it helps you, I'm afraid. It's always a gamble buying privately with no comeback: that's why it's cheaper.
luck-clint-eastwood.jpg

In PHEV Watchdog you can check how many times the battery has been charged.
In general, the car will lose 1% SOH for every 100 charge sessions.

Fast charging will probably wear out the battery even faster.

thanks for the answers - yes I did feel nervous about a private buyer - so I found one in a dealership locally and had my first test drive..

seemed quite comfortable - altho there might have been a tracking problem. wear on the front Left ( nearside ) tire - felt like it wanted to pull to the left a little.

have to say the dealer was great. allowed me plenty of time to check things out

this is a 2014 with 71K on the clock for around the same price as the 2015 with 63K i looked at privately

PHEVwachdog says Battery is 97% and the birthday was 1870 days ago ( 5 years! )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zha743o41v87br/IMG_8033.JPG?dl=0

does that photo look ok? not sure what all the icons mean - have started to search but didnt find a key, which one is battery health?

I drove 25.7 miles and 89% was on electric.. ( 22.87 mile ) I did use B0 to roll where possible and soon got into whacking the braking paddles to b4 and 5 - hope those brake lights come on when doing that. Was mostly flat undulating slopes.

here's the snapshot of before and after drive
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbclzodf7i1ysao/IMG_8014.JPG?dl=0

report on my driving.. ( 3 leaves )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/im1pdf0thhimszk/IMG_8015.JPG?dl=0

is it looking healthy enough to buy?

I don't agree that giving an ev range is meaningless, it's more meaningful than the GOM.

He got 22 miles with "beginners" driving style.

The Watchdog readings are meaningful

100% and 38Ah are the ideal figures, he only got 30Ah, either genuine degradation, or needs a Reset!

Got called away mid-post, so to continue:

Nobody with real high mileage PHEV experience has posted, so we're making best guesses here.

Say you get 30 miles with experience, would that satisfy your daily ev only expectations ?

If yes, then go for it.

A Reset may give you even more!

You might be able to haggle using the battery degradation figures, your typical salesman may not know the facts!

martian said:
PHEVwachdog says Battery is 97% and the birthday was 1870 days ago ( 5 years! )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zha743o41v87br/IMG_8033.JPG?dl=0
The 97% is the state of charge. The state of health is 81% if I'm reading the figures correctly

Back