Factory Specification

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbo

Hi all

Is there any way to find out my vehicles exact specification from the VIN / Registration No?

The reason I ask is that when I was searching for a PHEV most websites (Autotrader etc...) repeatedly stated that the GX4H has adaptive cruise.
The one I bought which obviously does not, I did know this when I bought it so I am not complaining... bit I would like to know exactly what I do have.
Do I have, for example, auto dipping headlights? How would I know? or do I just count the number of oncoming vehicles that crash :twisted:

Could the local dealer provide something? Or perhaps via the MMC website contact form?

Thanks

My (Dec 2015, so 2016 'facelift' model) GX4h has cruise control but not adaptive cruise control and, as far as I'm aware, this difference continued on later model years. Even the 4hs model (at that time) didn't have auto-dip, but that may have been introduced since.

You could look in the brochures to see for certain. But as far as I know, GX4h has never had adaptive cruise, that's only the the 's' (for safety) models, such as the GX4hs and GX5hs. Same with LDW and FCM - only on the 's' models.

You also see them described as having a CVT automatic gearbox, which also isn’t true, or the paddles being gear selectors. A lot of second hand car dealers don’t make any effort to know what they’re selling unfortunately.

When I was looking for mine I did a lot of looking at the photos to work out what model it actually is. Often I’d see a GX4h advertised but it clearly had halogen headlights and no satnav. So yes- it’s a minefield. It doesn’t help that Mitsubishi don’t tend to put a badge saying what trim level a car is either I guess.

Back