Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Android Remote App Problems
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:42 am 

Log on to the PHEV with IPhone and check there's one of the registered device in settings - see the Mitsu website for removing a device.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:11 pm 

after many failed attempts and frustrations using my iphone5s, i managed to connect to the car using my old iphone4. it used to connect with the iphone5s, however after few updates from apple to the 5s it stopped working so i reckon it will only connect with the old operating system. if you have android try an old android phone with an old operating system. i hope this helps

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:53 am 

Just bought a new (old) tablet off Amazon for £50 with Android at 7.1 (all my new phones are at 8), connected first time to the App (I use Phev1 as only a 10 digit SSID code). Only issue I have now is it likes the car wifi so much that my location services suffer to only being GPS and not wifi when using any other app such as Watchdog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:09 am 

i've got the outlander phev gx4hs 2014 64 plate.

I used to use the app on my Samsung Galaxy S5. earlier on this year I switched to Huawei P Smart 2019. I couldn't get the app to work and register the device (yes I followed the whole de-registering with hazards on in ACC mode and lock/unlock x10, then registering new device in Acc mode lock/unlock x5). just would not connect! i went to the dealer they wanted £50 to sort it. so i thought i'll do without the app for now and just set the preheat on a timer, now we're getting into winter

now they released the new version of the app, installed that, trying to pair the device and getting error code 2104:No security update
called the dealer, they want £89.99 to update the security on the car and said takes an hour...
it pains me to pay £90 for someone to plug in a laptop and push out a firmware update which is a 3-5 minute job.....

has anyone else had this issue? anyone got around it??

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:42 am 

djmoscow wrote:
error code 2104:No security update; they want £89.99

Hmmm, I have the same. I still have an old tablet (Android 4.4) that works so I am OK at home but my phone also comes up with the 2104 error.
I was going to contact the dealer but not if they think they can charge for it.
Surely if they have identified a 'security' issue (aka programming bug that allows hackers in) then the update should be free? :x

Love the car but I must admit I feel a little let down by MMC. I used to work for them years ago and the customer was king back then; seems things have changed a little. :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:20 am 

Djmoscow, email Mitsubishi customer service this should be free as the dealer can claim the cost of labour back from Mitsubishi UK as confirmed by Mitsubishi by email to me this week.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:42 am 

Electricdreams wrote:
Djmoscow, email Mitsubishi customer service this should be free as the dealer can claim the cost of labour back from Mitsubishi UK as confirmed by Mitsubishi by email to me this week.

All fine & dandy if you are in the UK but perhaps Djmoscow is not? :idea: