Car keeps turning on my phones bluetooth against my will

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kryckeley

I have a 2018 PHEV and an android phone that I connect with a cord. This works fine. However every time I am in my car it turns my phones bluetooth on. If I turn it off it turns it right back on. I don't like this because it then auto pairs with my headphones while they are charging and they are then on and active and so not charging as well. Any advice?

It'll be your phone's "fault", not your car's. I'd try turning off Bluetooth scanning (go to Settings, Location, Options). I always have both that and WiFi scanning turned off by default.

I have 'forgotten' the car from the phone side. I have turned Bluetooth off on my phone. I have turned off autoconnect in android auto. I have also turned off bluetooth connection on the car side and changed the pairing code in the car in hopes of it not being able to pair. It still automatically turns on my phones bluetooth and pairs every time I get in the car. What the hell?

Back