Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Abused CHADEMO
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:11 am 

STS134 wrote:
jaapv wrote:
I think it is totally ridiculous to compare with the Cayenne. The thing is nearly triple the price at 110.000 Euro. Buy cheap and demand expensive... :roll:
It is a totally different concept too, being driven by the ICE with the EV part auxiliary. The Mitsubishi is just the other way around. The whole point is the lack of a gearbox, making it an electrically driven car with the ICE just giving an extra push when needed. The different EV ranges say it all.
I get the feeling that you bought the wrong car in the first place.

Nah, every time I do my usual commute, if there's a traffic jam on the freeway and I don't need to use the ICE, I do appreciate the extra EV range. And it's not like things are so great on the Porsche side of things either. Check this out: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0 ... st15717599

I do still think the Outlander would be a better car with a gearbox plus an ICE that was twice as powerful though. They could literally keep the same architecture (motors connected directly to wheels at the front and rear) otherwise. The gearbox would go between the clutch and the wheels in Parallel mode.
And it would cost 60.000 Euro instead of 40.000... It is not just an engine, battery and gearbox that would be needed at a price, but also a generator and structural elements to handle the extra weight. In other words, the car would move up at least one class. Furthermore, it is an old design by now, the first of its kind to sell in large numbers, due to be replaced in the not too far future.

Body kit
Protection kit
TPMS
Skidplates

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:30 am 

I think we could easily increase the power of our 4B11 to 200HP, just ask those Evo guys where to get some 4B11T components: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_4B1_engine

Here is the a 2000HP if we go extreme: https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2000 ... rter-mile/

Now I have been thinking how to get more efficiency on the I-5 in San Joaquim at 90mph flat. How to use the excess of generated energy to power the car without go slower than 80mph. And a possible solution maybe on ducted fans @15kW each! :lol:
https://www.turbines-rc.com/en/schubele ... motor.html

Just tap into the ChaDeMo for the 380VDC and we could get over 200lbs of thrust.

Once my Outlander is out of warranty, I will start to play around...

Tai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:54 am 

I think Mitsubishi already did a good job fitting the 2.4 engine combined with a slightly stronger rear electric motor. I personally have no experience with the 2 litre, but have no complaints about the 2.4 drivetrain. Strong enough for my general use.

Of course I could complain about Porsches overtaking me on the German autobahn because the Outlander is limited to only 170 km/h and this is almost the "slow lane" on some parts of the autobahn without a speed limit. But I knew what I bought and although I liked to push the fast lane a bit on the autobahn while driving to Austria a couple of times a year, this is something I can do without during holiday trips. And to be frank, the parts of the autobahn without speed limit are getting less and less.

The Outlander is a fun car in a completely different way, it's actually very relaxing to sit high and drive quietly most of the time.

And of course I could have bought a Cayenne hybrid to combine all of this.... oh wait, I couldn't because I can't afford one :o
So let's stop comparing completely different levels of cars. My neighbours Ferrari (he actually has one) can do things none of my cars ever could. I can dwell over that or just wish him all the fun in the world (which I do) and compare the cars that are actually in my budget.

Soon to be charged by 14 solar panels

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:40 pm 

My experience too. I used to own a Volvo 745 Turbo- R (only a few examples made, I had to collect mine in Gothenburg)
It allowed me to cruise all day at 200-220 kph. Nowadays? The A61 West is between a boring 100 and 130 all the way from North to South.
Anyway, I find about 150 ample on the Autobahn these days, especially as the PHEV accelerates quite strongly right up to 170.

Body kit
Protection kit
TPMS
Skidplates

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:07 am 

jaapv wrote:
My experience too. I used to own a Volvo 745 Turbo- R (only a few examples made, I had to collect mine in Gothenburg)
It allowed me to cruise all day at 200-220 kph. Nowadays? The A61 West is between a boring 100 and 130 all the way from North to South.
Anyway, I find about 150 ample on the Autobahn these days, especially as the PHEV accelerates quite strongly right up to 170.

A Volvo 745 Turbo- R, nice! a comfortable and, especially for that time, very fast brick on wheels.

For the A61 you're even counting without the numerous road works where you can only do 60-80 km/h for long stretches :?
Driving that route, it isn't much of a difference if your car is limited at 170 or 250 km/h like a lot of the faster German cars are. They're all in the slow train

Soon to be charged by 14 solar panels