ANTI -CORROSION PERFORATION WARRANTY QUESTION

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreebirdUK

Had my car serviced at Mitsubishi Dealer North City Autos of Chingford. They did a Body Damage and Anti-Corrosion Protection Inspection Report in which was identified a small scratch on the front off side wing and a small scratch on the rear off side door. The one on the door is small and just surface paint, which incidentally was done on when I purchased and collected the car from Glyn Hopkins of Colchester a year ago. They had promised to repair the scratch but that went on for six months being fobbed off time and time again by email and phone. I gave up eventually and planned to have it repaired locally when I had time. I will never go to Glyn Hopkin again, which is why thIS service was at North City Autos. The scratch on the front off side wing I had trouble finding as it’s so small.
The Inspection Report showing these scratches, has this line srossed out '*Stamp the service booklet to confirm that the annual body corrosion check has been completed' was crossed out, also the Service Book Body Inspection Record has not been stamped for this year. The Inspection Report does say that damage identified must be rectified without delay.
First thing is that I should have been informed of this when I paid the bill, but didn’t see it until the next day.
Second is when they inspected the car I should have been there to agree with any damage on arrival. Having spent some time delivering new cars in the past that’s how it works before you hand over. So, I don’t really know if the front wing scratch was there before they took it in or not.
Third (this just rattled me) is that it states that the vehicle condition was described as dirty, not really surprising considering that I had travelled 30 miles round the M25 in rain to get there (just rattled me a bit).
I haven’t contacted North City Autos yet as I wanted to get other owners’ opinions about what they would do. It seems really petty of North City Autos to me, especially as I wasn’t present when they made the initial inspection. My Vauxhall Ampera had a couple of car park scratches (the usual thing) but that never invalidated the anti-corrosion warranty when it was serviced, and Vauxhall Dealers are amongst the very worst.
So, what would you do and is the 12-year anti-corrosion warranty worth anything when selling? I will get the scratches repaired locally in the next few weeks anyway.
Thanks
Phil

Back