Who are you?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Owner from 2018
2. Model 2016
3. Facelift
4. Big car and 4x4
5. Helsinki, Finland
6. Salesman, B2B selling
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before, this is my first

1. Owner since Dec 2018
2. Outlander PHEV SEL (North American version)
4. Reducing GES and Cargo space
5. Quebec City Canada
6. Retired Electrical engineer mainly worked in sales and marketing for General Electric
7. First Experience with EV/REV/PHEV.

Hi to all,
I´m André and live in Oporto/Portugal and I´m beginning to search for a new vehicle. I have a Ceed SW (Diesel) and for some particular reasons I need to buy a bigger car. I also want to leave Diesel behind and getting in to the EV(Plug in) world.

1. Possible owner
2. Outlander PHEV
3. New
4. PHEV / Price Range
5. Oporto/Portugal
6. ?????
7. No Experience in EV/PLUG IN

I will begin to read all off the information (recent) I can find in the forum and probably, afterwards, hit you with a lot of questions! :cool:

Hi everyone, I'm Mark in the UK.

1. Possible Owner - currently searching
2. i3 I think.....tell me otherwise?
3. Facelift
4. Going green
5. Sheffield, UK
6. Director of a company.
7. I've test driven a few. That's it so far

I'm really looking for some advice as I am still searhing. I was worried about logistics but less so now. I've read all I can from OLEV, quite a bit from Zap Map and I've spoken to a local charger installer, Go Electric.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of vehicles other than the i3? And top tips for logistics to help me.

1. Owner from 4th Dec 2019 (1 week)
2. Model: Outlander PHEV VRX 4W 2019
3. Facelift: Current model (released approx 3 months ago in my country)
4. What attracted me: Studied options of EV and PHEV for a while, only 4 brands of PHEV sold in my country, Mitsubishui is the most mature.
5. Location: Hamilton New Zealand
6. Occupation: Design Engineer in the Electrical Industry
7. Experience: Nil

MarkTR said:
Hi everyone, I'm Mark in the UK.

1. Possible Owner - currently searching
2. i3 I think.....tell me otherwise?
3. Facelift
4. Going green
5. Sheffield, UK
6. Director of a company.
7. I've test driven a few. That's it so far

I'm really looking for some advice as I am still searhing. I was worried about logistics but less so now. I've read all I can from OLEV, quite a bit from Zap Map and I've spoken to a local charger installer, Go Electric.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of vehicles other than the i3? And top tips for logistics to help me.

Hi Mark
So much depends on your driving profile..
Is your daily drive less than 25 miles, but you do need to drive 250 miles on occasions? The PHEV would suit.
Do you regularly drive over 25 miles daily, and are prepared to have one Rapid Charge on long journeys?
An i3 or other current long-range BEV would suit,

1. Possible owner
2. Possible model: PHEV 2014 or 2015
3. ---
4. What attracted you to the car initially: Possibility to use the car purely electric during short trips or on fuel for long journeys.
5. Location - Culemborg, The Netherlands
6. Occupation: Embedded software engineer - Create software for equipment, like motor inverters, battery controllers, etc ;-)
7. Never had an EV car, but I'm used to electric "things" since I'm a RC Heli pilot.

Hi, I'm Nick.

1. Owner since June 2019
2. GX5HS in Pearl White
3. 2016 Facelift
4. Speed and distance capability on electric only combined with interior space (also considered V60 and C-Class Estate, but too small)
5. Living in West Sussex, UK. 46 years old.
6. I'm a Test Engineer in the Fuel Cell industry. I develop Fuel Cell test systems and prototype Fuel Cell power generation products, work that often takes me abroad (Japan, South Korea, Germany, North America)
7. Just driving a LEAF, no previous ownership

Xavier

1. Owner since june 2019
2. 2014 model grey
3. 2013 pre-facelift
4. Possibilty to drive short distance electric and tow a caravan, my wife the height of the car, for me the trunk space.
5. Location Hoogvliet-rotterdam, the Netherlands
6. Occupation: Operator/mechanic/calibrator/program assistant at a company developing additives for oils, for car/truck and ships.
7. No experience.

Hi all, I'm Trevor.

1. Owner since April 2019
2. 2015 2.0 MIVEC Instyle Navi, Titanium grey
3. 2015 pre-facelift
4. Used for work, mostly local service calls
5. Algarve, Portugal
6. Occupation: Service engineer - TV, satellite & audio
7. My first EV/hybrid - 6 months on, so far more pro's than cons.

I suggest the following information:

1. Future owner
2. Aspire
3. Facelift
4. Economy
5. Melbourne Australia
6. Master tech @ Large Metro Mitsubishi dealer near CBD
7. Frequent use

1. Owner - as of 27th December
2. Model - 2018 4h 2.4
3. Facelift - 2019
4. What attracted you to the car initially - went through every other hybrid/PHEV and settled on the best balance for what I needed: short battery driving for daily commutes and petrol backup for annual longer drives on hols. Won't go full EV until there's better infrastructure and higher ranges. Everyone needs to abandon dead dinosaurs and plant matter eventually; I'm just fortunate enough to have short daily commutes which can be done via leccy alone. Sadly, our electrical supplier doesn't do green energy, which would be much better, but there we go.
5. Location - UK
6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language) - Clerk in holy orders (vicar...)
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - tested variety of hybrids and PHEVs over the past couple of years before deciding this was the best balance of everything.

Anyone who's reading this: I've posted a separate subject about what is your highest range. If people could either go there or add it to here, it would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I'm Neil

1. Owner - March 2020
2. Model - Outlander PHEV - is there a way to get more detail?
3. Facelift
4. What attracted you to the car - My Range Rover expired (second one to blow the turbos in 2 years so ....) and I fancied a hybrid.
5. Location - Northampton, UK
6. Occupation - IT Director for a software company and more importantly owner of Naiad Photography where I am a motor sport photographer
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - None

Hi I'm Neet
Just joined the forum after having my car delivered last week

1. Owner - delievered 12 May 2020
2. Model - Juro
3. Facelift - 2017 (but MY2018 with newer touchscreen interface)
4. What attracted you to the car initially - cheaper to run and reduced local emissions, majority of my commute is on electric only (part-ex 2012 Lexus RX450h)
5. Location - London
6. Occupation - Doctor
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - None

Hi, my name is Deniel.
I enjoy traveling and reading.

1. Possible owner
2. 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GX 3H
3. 2014 non facelift
4. Economy for work
5. London, UK
6. Software Designer
7. None

Hi all.
My name is Clovis.
I bought a 2 brand new 2012 Mitsubishi IMiEV back in 2012, one for me another one for my wife.
Very nice little cars for commute (max around 60 miles of range). Choose it because my commutes were long (32 miles) and I could plug in while working. My wife has a short commute.
I saved a lot doing it. Today my IMIEV has almost 100K miles. It has a new battery (only 4000 miles), due a Mitsu warranty.
I was looking for a PHEV for a good amount of time.
Finally found a great deal on this pre owned 2018 PHEV GT. Also, they took my wife's IMiEV on the trade.

1. Got on 05/28/2020.
2. 2018 PHEV GT.
3. It is what it is!
4. Technology, fuel economy, not time for a long range EVs yet. US does not have a great infra structure. Also I have a Chevy Volt 2014. I learned that Plug In Hybrids EVs are the way to go. Unfortunately, GM killed it. Great car!!!
5. Leesburg, VA, USA
6. Bike store manager, Bike Fitter.
7. 2 IMIEVs, Chevy Volt 2014.

Hi I'm Mark,

A Kiwi living in the Arctic, where we have no roading network between towns.
The Outlander PHEV is a perfect wagon for a small town (where you would never get into 5th gear in a Manual.)
Driving on ice-tyres most of the year.

1 Bought New May 2020
2 2020 'Instyle' /Ruby Black
4 Road Tax is punitive for non-hybrid or electric
5 Greenland
6 I own a Wine Shop
7 No previous experience

Hello!
I am Gerrit, living in Arnhem, The Netherlands. I am a pensionado for almost 5 jears. The Outlander is a perect car for my purposes. Lots of short rides, several times a jear traveling with a caravan.

My info:

1. Since a week i own a used Outlander Phev, Black, with 63000 km’s
2. 2015 Business edition X-style.
4. Less fuelcosts for the short distances and 1500 kg on the towbar
5. Arnhem, The Netherlands
6. Pensionado, wich meand a am always short on time
7. Newbee in the elektric cars

Hi all. Jeremy from NY.

1. Possible owner
2. 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV SEL
3. 2019 non facelift
4. Like electric cars