It's time to say goodbye

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel188

Well folks, after 4 years and over 120,000 UK miles, it's time for me to say goodbye to my PHEV, and I won't be getting another one.

I'm a P11D refugee and while the personal tax benefits have been great, my inability to charge at home or work, coupled with more than 30K miles a year (over 10K on/inside M25) have meant the fuel bill has been 'substantial' at roughly 35mpg overall. Considering the Government approved mileage reclaim rates assume a less than 2.0 litre cars gets over 40mpg, I have been subsidising my employer to the tune of more than £1000 a year!

So what am I going to get in its place - a Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid 1st Edition and it's being delivered on 17th February.

I had one as a loan car while my PHEV was in for repairs and Mitsubishi failed to get the right parts delivered for 5 weeks. During that time I drove over 3000 miles at an average of 62+ mpg. Far more wallet friendly! As over 90% of my journeys are driven solo and I can count the number of times in a year that I have 3 or 4 people in the car on my fingers, the lack of space isn't a problem. If anything, the driving position is even better than the PHEV as the seat goes further back. All the control buttons are fully illuminated and the 1st Edition comes with all the safety kit, toys, bells and whistles anyone could wish for. When I had the loan car, it took longer to get my phone out of my pocket than it did to pair it with the bluetooth and I never lost a call or had complaints about the sound quality at the other end!

So it's been a blast being a member of this forum for the last 4 years, I'll stick around until the new car arrives, but I have already joined a very active forum for the Ioniq so all that remains for me to do is say thank you to all who have imparted advise over the years and wish each and every member the very best for the future.

I thought The ionic is a Prius killer...my brother in law has one. No other car can beat it in the efficiency.
We will miss you.
Thank you for all posts deposited in this forum.
Tai

Good luck with your new car, Richard - hope you will check us out when you can?

I'm sure your experiences will still come in handy for us who've only recently started in the PHEV world!

Cheers

Bloggsy

All good reasons and I do like the ionic, pretty impressive mpg. You have changed at the wrong time though, the 2.4L PHEV cashes in on pence per mile from a company!

Back