Phev car heater not working

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upupup

Hello everyone

Got a 2016 Outlaner Phev that i bought about 3 months ago and recently realised that my heater is not working.

Just wondering what are the most common issue that causes the heater not to work. and is there anyway i can fix it myself or do i need to take it to the dealer?

Currently the car has only done 40k mileage, is this covered under warranty?

Upupup said:
Hello everyone

Got a 2016 Outlaner Phev that i bought about 3 months ago and recently realised that my heater is not working.

Just wondering what are the most common issue that causes the heater not to work. and is there anyway i can fix it myself or do i need to take it to the dealer?

Currently the car has only done 40k mileage, is this covered under warranty?

Sediment in the coolant can block a filter in one of the heater hoses. Refer to your dealer, they will need to flush the system and replace the hose with the filter in it.

Seems to be a relatively common failure, judging by posts here and elsewhere. I had to have the AC condenser replaced very soon after I bought my 2½ year old pre-facelift model, so it was done FOC.

Thank you for replies guys

so i took the car to the dealer and after couple of hours of diagnostics they came back telling me that there was a blockage in the the pipe that feeds the heater and that this was caused by somebody mixing the wrong kind of coolant :-/.

They are charging me 700£ in total which includes the diagnostics (3hrs), flushing the coolant system and replacing one of the filters :(

Not a happy chap

Back