Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sonar/Parking Sensor Problem MY20 PHEV NZ Model VRX
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:29 pm 

Hi there ;

I bought new in New Zealand the MY20 PHEV Outlander (VRX Spec). After only a month of ownership from new as I was driving into Dunedin last week my front left parking sensor started to sound continuously.

At first I thought it might be a radio / sonar source from somewhere in the harbour, but it continued to sound even after driving far away from the area - and has been on since.

I have to completely disable the sonar/parking system each time I start the vehicle.

This morning I took it in to the dealer to have the issue fixed, they are saying it is not covered under warantty, citing a small stone chip on the sensor pad itself - but when it started it was at a light in a suburban area with no apparent cause. Also if the sensors can be taken out by a stone inpact under normal conditions I would consider this 'not fit for purpose'.

Picked it up this evening still not working; dealer is quoting 400$ to fix with Mitsi new part.

Has anyone else encountered this issue before?

They did reseat the sensor/clean it but still sounding. Given that aftermarket parking sensor kits are 50$ I am a) disappointed b) incredulous that my 65$k purchase doesn't cover a faulty sensor.

Post subject: Re: Sonar/Parking Sensor Problem MY20 PHEV NZ Model VRX
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:02 am 

Hi aenertia,

I encountered the same issue, with the very same sensor (front left) but it has "only" sounded for a limited time.
First time it occurred was in a trafic-jammed road and I thought I might be caused by the other cars proximity.
Then it occured randomly 1 or 2 times during the last 2 months.

Lastly, it apparently occured while the car was self-checking just after pressing the On button. I had a message on the central display that warned for a default in the parking sensors (I should have taken a pic of it) and that should be checked during next servicing. This occurred ca 1 week ago.

I will talk to the dealer about the issue at first inspection. My PHEV is MY19 and I have not yet taken it to 1st service inspection.

M :)