What to look for when buying a used PHEV.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evesdad

Hi,

Ive been considering an Outlander PHEV for quite a while now but had put off pulling the trigger. My Honda Accord has now decided to pack up so my hand has been forced slightly.

So I've got my eye on a couple local to me being the 4h models 2016 UK 66 plates, both being about 60,000 miles clocked. I currently only work close to home and have short distances to drive so the PHEV seems perfect with the odd 200 mile round trip to family a few times a year.

So basically, what do I need to be looking for? How do I tell what condition the battery is in? What figures should I be expecting? My wife is having a little panic about the battery to be honest. Any other signs I should be looking for or aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Check for the "charger", jack, tyre repair kit and compressor, under the carpet at the back of the luggage area.

Tyres aren't cheap so check condition.

You need an ODB app like Watchdog to get an idea of battery condition.

But fully charged the blue bar on the dash should be to the top, and in these cold conditions a range of 20 miles or more would be about right.

Select CHRG and the petrol engine should start.

Back