Wi-fi issues can’t find the signal in my Wireless settings

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought my Outlander PHEV GX4h 64 plate. Tried to link my iPhone to the onboard Wi-fi to work with the app couldn’t find the signal from the Car.

Tried the routine of 10 clicks of my key and the 20 clicks and hazard lights routine it beeps as it should.

Took to Mitsubishi to try and fix he ran a full diagnostic on it but couldn’t find a fault.

They said this year had an issue with the Wi-fi module draining the 12v battery so as a fix people disconnected from the battery. I have checked to see if it was unplugged but it isn’t. I tried to follow the wire to the battery not possible but all terminals to the battery look present and intact.

It’s had the latest software update and the timers are still present so it hadn't bricked my module.

Stuck with it apart from buying a new module what next. There must be other users out there with the same issues

The only other things I can think of is try to check the aerial connection.

A previous user may have disconnected the aerial.

Other than that. Try do the connect procedure when you're not at home.
Your phone may be switching to your home wifi in the middle of the connection process.
This is a common problem that prevents the initial setup when you're training your app to the car.

(There are other ways to get around this problem, but they vary by phone and model, so doing the training somewhere else is the easiest way.)

AndyInOz said:
The only other things I can think of is try to check the aerial connection.

A previous user may have disconnected the aerial.

Other than that. Try do the connect procedure when you're not at home.
Your phone may be switching to your home wifi in the middle of the connection process.
This is a common problem that prevents the initial setup when you're training your app to the car.

(There are other ways to get around this problem, but they vary by phone and model, so doing the training somewhere else is the easiest way.)

I can see the wires but can’t trace them back to the battery how would I know if they have disconnected this from the battery ? Would my timers still work if it was disconnected

If Mitsu say it's all working you don't need to trace the wires back to the battery?

Didn't they demonstrate it working to you before you handed over the money?

But if you don't believe them then unplug and measure the volts on the plug, a basic Digital Volt Meter costs about 5 pounds or bucks.

And then you could use it to measure the resistance to the antenna, I would guess it would be very low but not short circuit, unless it's a powered antenna, then I wouldn't know.

Is this for getting the remote control app to work? How did you search the signal/wifi network?

You have to create/add a new wifi network with your phone and name it with the SSID you got with the car. Phone can't find it automatically, at least with my MY15 model. And with my case (Huawei P20 android phone) I have to put my phone to flight mode and after that put wifi AND GPS location ON (if gps is off, it can't connect for some reason). After an Android 9 update, the phone tries to fight against a non-internet wifi network and that is why you have to put the phone to flight mode.

I was with the Mitsubishi technician and he couldn’t find it on his phone either I have searched using a Wi-fi scanner and it doesn’t show.

I need a wiring diagram so I can trace the wiring back to the power source and make sure all wires are connected

DarrenAvidGarnett said:
I was with the Mitsubishi technician and he couldn’t find it on his phone either I have searched using a Wi-fi scanner and it doesn’t show.

I need a wiring diagram so I can trace the wiring back to the power source and make sure all wires are connected

Are you following the instructions from Mitsubishi?

If the SSID is not broadcast, you will never "find it".

Have you followed the instructions in the app?

One more thing.

Maker certain that you have the right version of the app.

You can tell the right version by the length of the password you have been provided.

Note. You've mentioned the hazard light switch, if you've performed the de-register all devices process, you will have to repeat the initial steps again.

Yes I have followed every step on the Mitsibushi Website along with my Local Mitsibushi Dealer still no Joy.

I have checked the Aerial on the box and that is intact.

I have checked the wiring is pluged into the box ok.

I need to check the other end as the dealer seems to think 1 wire may have been cut at the other end.

I need a wiring loom diagram so I can see which wire it is in the fuse box or where it leads too.

If thats connected then I will purchase a new WIFI box as it must be that.

I have tried all the activations and de-activations so they dont work.

Can only rule out things before replacing the box as A. Dealer doesnt sell it anymore as its obsolete and B. The 2nd hand ones are £200 or nearly $400 AUS Dollars

The WiFi network appeared automatically on my 2015 car. It popped up with the name Remotexxxx. I wasn't able to connect to it immediately as it had too many phones already connected by the previous owner, but after following the reset procedure I connected fine.

If it's not there, it's either been turned off or disconnected. I've not seen people on here talking about rewiring it in the past couple of years, so you might be venturing into uncharted territory with the wiring. Good luck!

Thanks for everyone’s comments thanks for the wiring diagram could find this anywhere. I am an electrician so hopefully will be able to work it out

Hi Darren

If I were in your shoes, I'd be trying one more time to see if it's deactivated due to no registered devices. When you say this:

DarrenAvidGarnett said:
Tried the routine of 10 clicks of my key and the 20 clicks and hazard lights routine it beeps as it should.

What beeps are you getting?

bbb

bigbaldbloke said:
Hi Darren

If I were in your shoes, I'd be trying one more time to see if it's deactivated due to no registered devices. When you say this:

DarrenAvidGarnett said:

What beeps are you getting?

bbb

I am getting 1 beep on both methods as if no phones are registered.

Have you tried the X5, then the X10, immediately followed by the X5 again? (I know, ridiculous isn't it?)

Although it's not safe to assume anything with this car's workings, I'd like to think that the beep codes indicate that the Wi-Fi module is communicating and therefore operational.

bigbaldbloke said:
Have you tried the X5, then the X10, immediately followed by the X5 again? (I know, ridiculous isn't it?)

Although it's not safe to assume anything with this car's workings, I'd like to think that the beep codes indicate that the Wi-Fi module is communicating and therefore operational.

It’s well weird I assume that also it communicating as I also have the timers on my MMCS.

I have tried lots of different combinations of the key presses.

Don’t know what to do I could buy a new unit but could have the same issues

Where do I get diagnostic software from so I can link my car to my laptop and see what’s going on

DarrenAvidGarnett said:
bigbaldbloke said:

It’s well weird I assume that also it communicating as I also have the timers on my MMCS.

I have tried lots of different combinations of the key presses.

Don’t know what to do I could buy a new unit but could have the same issues

Where do I get diagnostic software from so I can link my car to my laptop and see what’s going on

I wonder if the aerial has a faulty connection only thing I can think of as everything else seems to work as you would expect to connect except broadcasting the SSID for me to connect too

Back