Number Plate Light Fuse

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAUK

I have just noticed that neither of my number plate lights are working. I have checked the bulbs and both are OK but I cannot find which fuse covers these, there is nothing listed in the handbook.
All the other lights seem to be working. Does anyone know which fuse it is - short of removing every one and checking for any that are blown?

MY 2016 4h
Thanks

They're fed from the ETACS unit, which in turn has a supply from a fusible link (BIG FUSE)! If everything else is working, I don't think it's a fuse problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot (15).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 77
Thanks Regulo, and wiring inside the tailgate is not readily accessible to check there. Not good news.

Regards

DA

On old cars (any make), lighting problems are often due to poor earthing due to corrosion, not lack of volts.

Hi DibbyDibbyDJ, yes it is and all the other lights are working.

michael8554, neither of the number plate lights are working, and going by the wiring diagrams provided by Regulo it looks as though probably the left tai light wold not be working either if it was a bad earth connection - see DibbyDibbyDJ question.

I'm wondering if it's a bad connection inside the tailgate.

Thanks both

DA

If you need to get the tailgate trim off here's my method (from an unrelated issue, stopping the beeping):

"You've got to be bold! Open the tailgate. Take the small square access hatch off behind the latch. Now be careful. Pull the interior panel away until you can get a padded screwdriver or similar behind it. You then need to work your way to the left corner enough to get your fingers in. Or use two long screwdrivers. A helper might be useful. Give it a good hard wrench and it'll pop off. You can then see the square sounder with it's connector. Disconnect it. Line up the fixing studs, and thump the panel back on. I accept no liability whatsoever for any damage you might cause, it's at your risk!!!!! Silence. :D"

Thanks again Regulo,

I will keep in mind in case I need to in the future, but the car is still under warranty so I will just leave this job to the garage.

DA

Thanks for the replies, the garage advises that they "replaced a wire"?? No matter, they are now working and there was no bill.

DA

Back