New owner

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sipaldi

Picked up my 19Y phev last saturday and am, so far, very pleased with it even though the drivers window does not work and the rear offside window is also playing up.

Other than that there are the odd clunks emanating from underneath the vehicle. Is that normal? Sounds like things operating and clunking together etc?

Those "clunks" are various relays operating, usually shortly after starting the car. Nothing to worry about, my '18 has done it since new, and still does at 98,000 km.

Relays operating sounds better! :shock: There are no set parameters to when the clunks appear so I will go with that I think. Surprised nobody else has chipped in if its common though.

Is it happening when you're moving or stationary? I've certainly not heard any clonks, clunks or clicks while on the road, for sure. Only when charging - when I'm obviously at a standstill!

There have been posts about the brake pads sticking, making a clunk when they un-stick.
Also that the associated Recall doesn't seem to have fixed it?

I usually only hear the relay clunk as I'm moving slowly out of the underground garage, so the sound is amplified in that closed environment, and I'm not braking at that point, so it's not brake pads sticking/releasing. Once underway outdoors, that noise is not noticeable.

I also have the brakes clunking. I put this down to maybe the vehicle being stood a while on the dealers forecourt. I will see how I get on with it.
Getting a little worried as I have already had the vehicle back to the dealers as the drivers window does not work and the rear offside passenger window is iffy. Dealers found the switch panel to be faulty and ordering a new one. 2 weeks until they can replace it.
On top of this, the wifi app will not work. Tried everything. Dealer now saying It needs booking in for that too. All very well but the nearest dealer is nearly 30 miles away........

Back