First mods from new PHEV driver

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moved lots of my buttons around, a little filing of the lugs and they pop straight in.

I bought a button from a breakers yard and used it to add a second CHRG button:

Attachments

• CHRG.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 326
If you push the outside unlocking button twice in quick succession you can open the boot silently manually. Push close by hand as well without beep.

None of the EXTRA plugs that are unused can be used to add features. Mitsubishi, to save costs, build every car as a high spec, with a high spec harness, and just dont add the extra switches. i.e. if you wanted to add parking sensors to your basic Outie, you would need a new switch and harness, the factory fitted one cannot be used.

Many of the plugs on the blank buttons are 4 pin, that's 12v and earth for the led illumination, and two wires for the momentary-make when you press the button.

So take the plug off a blank 4 pin button for a function you will never add to the car, ideally one in or close to where you want your new button to be located - all the buttons are described in the Manual.

Cut the two momentary-make wires, and insulate the ends you don't need.

You now have a plug with the led powered, and two trailing wires for the momentary-make function.

I spliced a twin-core cable into the momentary-make wires of the CHRG button, so it still works, and attached the other end of the cable to the trailing wires on the plug.

The cable runs through the centre console and up into the dash, the console and armrest bin come out fairly easily.

The trim down the windscreen pillar has only one or two screws and pops out easily too.

The existing wiring for the CHRG button frustratingly does already go up behind the speedo according to the wiring diagrams,, but even with a colour code it will be hard to find it.

I use the small control on the steering wheel with my thumb to do this plus Regen set at B5, so I can move my thumb to cancel Cruise if braking needed.

Bmtouring said:
Thank you!

Found the module in de footwell, disconnected and a lovely silence without the yellow sign in the dials and above all: not having to push the button each departure
about its effectiveness: even with my son outside it took a number of tests to figure out what sound we were supposed to assign to that system. An unknowing pedestrian will definitely not be warned by it. As proven in daily driving. Anyway, no need for a discussion on this (is elsewhere on this forum) I don't want it and I'm happy it's gone now.

Got to the rear hatch module last week: great silence here as well. My last car didn't beep at various instants of opening or closing and I don't need it now either.

last one standing is the beep-where's-the-key while the car is not 'off' and you stepped out to dump sth in a bin or work on coupling the trailer. (why I don't turn the car off: startup takes time, don't like the re-start of mmcs (like the camera when coupling) and overall: there's no one around for miles to step in and steal the car so don't want it to whine.

Next is to learn if the other windows (apart from the drivers) can also learn to have full-close or full-open at one tip on the button. I suspect it can as RHD and LHD will probably not have different hardware, just parameters.
In fact, I found that there are parameters for the time you can use the sunroof after power-button off (which in mine is now: 0 seconds, bloody annoying) but I haven't found that in MUT. Apparently that is a 'deeper' level of parameters that Mits is not allowing the dealers to get to.
Still, as far as I am aware, it is a legal requirement. You'll have to reconnect it for the APK (MOT). And theoretically (quite unlikely to say the least) the police could pull you over and force you to foot it home. I fail to see the point - the noise is virtually inaudible inside and drowned out by tyre noise by the slightest movement of the car.

Bmtouring said:
Thank you!
Next is to learn if the other windows (apart from the drivers) can also learn to have full-close or full-open at one tip on the button. I suspect it can as RHD and LHD will probably not have different hardware, just parameters.
In fact, I found that there are parameters for the time you can use the sunroof after power-button off (which in mine is now: 0 seconds, bloody annoying) but I haven't found that in MUT. Apparently that is a 'deeper' level of parameters that Mits is not allowing the dealers to get to.

This could not be coded.
It is different Hardware. You would need the right knob and some extra cabeling from the passenger side to the driver side.

jaapv said:
I fail to see the point - the noise is virtually inaudible inside and drowned out by tyre noise by the slightest movement of the car.

You do know it is to warn the pedestrians that an (silent) electric car is moving? Its not designed to be heard inside. That is why its mounted outside. It is a design requirement in a lot of counties, and to disable it is selfish. I can understand when you might want it off, for instance if you are arriving home late or leaving early and dont want to disturb people, but for normal operation it is essential. That is why it defaults to ON everytime you restart.

Aren't you repeating what I said?? I think we are on the same page regarding Beepophobia.
I think it is criminally stupid to disable it and the OP will regret it for the rest of his life should he happen to kill or invalid somebody this way. Quite apart from the legal consequences.

Back