Fitting a REAR dashcam - is there a feed in the rear door?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hankhill

I want to fit a dashcam in the rear window of our 2015 4hs. I’ve searched the forum and the only post that I found had the feed coming all the way from the front, so thought I’d ask this question. I have already fitted a front camera hardwired into the fuse box, but for the rear I would rather find an ignition switched supply in the rear hatch itself somewhere. I really don’t want to have to run a wire to somewhere in the boot, or all the way from the front, and have to feed it around the hinges somehow. I’d much prefer to find a supply within the rear door itself.

There are lights and wiper electrics inside the rear hatch, but I guess they’ll all be switched separately to the ignition. Is there likely to be an ignition switched feed in there somewhere? Before I go blindly ripping off the trim inside the rear hatch, has anyone done this before? Is running a power feed from the front really the best option?

hankhill said:
I want to fit a dashcam in the rear window of our 2015 4hs. I’ve searched the forum and the only post that I found had the feed coming all the way from the front, so thought I’d ask this question. I have already fitted a front camera hardwired into the fuse box, but for the rear I would rather find an ignition switched supply in the rear hatch itself somewhere. I really don’t want to have to run a wire to somewhere in the boot, or all the way from the front, and have to feed it around the hinges somehow. I’d much prefer to find a supply within the rear door itself.

There are lights and wiper electrics inside the rear hatch, but I guess they’ll all be switched separately to the ignition. Is there likely to be an ignition switched feed in there somewhere? Before I go blindly ripping off the trim inside the rear hatch, has anyone done this before? Is running a power feed from the front really the best option?

There will be an ign feed in there. It will be used for the rear wiper park function.

You'll be looking for a blue wire at the rear wiper motor connector, I believe. I ran mine from the front, a bit fiddly getting it through the flexible shroud at the top of the tailgate, but it can be done.

Attachments

• Screenshot (20).jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 122
Back