Switch blanking plates

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regulo

I recently wanted to install a switch (don't ask), and thought I'd use one of the several spare positions on the dash switch panels. I thought the blanking plugs would be just that - blanking plugs. To my surprise, every one of them has a wiring loom connection, complete with wiring, I presume for factory fitted options, LDW, FCM etc. Anyone know where I can get a proper simple blanking plug? I could just unplug the loom connector off the back of one and then saw off the actual connector part on the back of the blank plug, I suppose. I don't foresee myself or any future owner sending the car back to Mitsu to have the options fitted, but who knows?

Dont bother about "sawing" off the plug, Just tape it back on itself and use the blanking plug already there.

It will not be used for anything else ever.

All accessories available will have their own plugs and will not use the ones on the factory harness.

Interesting to read this - can anyone confirm if new models (i.e. 20MY) still have plugs and looms for factory options which are not actually fitted?

roly said:
Interesting to read this - can anyone confirm if new models (i.e. 20MY) still have plugs and looms for factory options which are not actually fitted?

Yes they do. All Mitsubishis do.

There are unused plugs elsewhere too. A quick search under the hood will show you about three at least. In the rear behind the walls of plastic there are more.

You'll need to get the wiring diagram and a lot of patience to figure out what goes where and for what.

When I look at how the car is put together, you'd better get a bag of plastic fastners, plugs, push-pins from Ali for japanese cars and then you can pull it all apart. Lots of space behind all the plastic to put new wiring from switch to accessory.

Don't know if its worth installing OEM stuff though, what I see in pricing that is overly expensive for the comfort it brings. There usually are aftermarket solutions that do the service. Any integration that needs the MMCS is hardly preferable either: too slow and cumbersome to use as a non-japanese-IT-team-logics-brains European.

Back