Can I upgrade my PHEV with factory standard upgrades?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth

I hope the title makes sense. But let me clarify,

My PHEV has parking cameras, which are awesome, but not an audio alert system. Can I install a Mitsubishi Outlander one, the kind the factory would fit, not the dime a dozen ones on amazon/ebay?

Ideally, I want to install things in my Phev that were not included in the package. So when I install the Mitsubishi parking sensor, Id like to have it work with the computer and have the button on the dash etc.

Furthermore, things like collision alerts, I found the part, but is it able to be installed and work with the computer?

Possibly but may depend on which year you car is. There was no camera option on my 2014 Gx3h but it came fitted with the rear sensors - no button nor working through MMCS just an auto switch when in reverse. Front sensors were a dealer accessory - so I assume you could still get those added easily enough.

Perhaps someone with a later model can advise about possibility of having the rear sensors added if you already have the camera.

The forward collision module AFAIK does work through MMCS so less likely to be able to retro fit.

Thanks for the help!

Sorry I should have mentioned my Outlander Phev is the 2016 GX4H.

Seth said:
I hope the title makes sense. But let me clarify,

My PHEV has parking cameras, which are awesome, but not an audio alert system. Can I install a Mitsubishi Outlander one, the kind the factory would fit, not the dime a dozen ones on amazon/ebay?

Ideally, I want to install things in my Phev that were not included in the package. So when I install the Mitsubishi parking sensor, Id like to have it work with the computer and have the button on the dash etc.

Furthermore, things like collision alerts, I found the part, but is it able to be installed and work with the computer?

The wiring will be there for all these systems, and the parts are available. However your mission would be in getting the correct software for the ECU's to recognise these systems are connected and talking on the CAN system. The collision system is a major controller, and therefore has the ability to control Engine ecu, ABS ecu and others. These would also need programing to be able to recognise that a new system is on the network, and that level of reprogramming is not available to the MUT. It can program new ECU, but not reprogram current ones. And that will be your problem

The accessory parking sensors are available, it uses its own wiring harness and switch, which is different to the Factory one. There are threads about this kit on this forum.

I have looked using the search function. You say it has its own harness and switch? Are you able to give me more details?

Seth said:
I have looked using the search function. You say it has its own harness and switch? Are you able to give me more details?

https://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4881

I’m having these front and rear parking sensors fitted on Friday, colour-coded and seem an exact match to the granite brown:

https://www.avrmobiles.co.uk/acatalog/ps740-ps746_park_safe_front_rear_parking_sensors.html

neetblack said:
I’m having these front and rear parking sensors fitted on Friday, colour-coded and seem an exact match to the granite brown:

https://www.avrmobiles.co.uk/acatalog/ps740-ps746_park_safe_front_rear_parking_sensors.html

Had them fitted yesterday, really neat job and they look OEM!
:D

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 122
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_6515.jpg
    IMG_6515.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 122
Back