Want to buy but got a few questions

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowelite

Hi everyone
I been thinking about buying a phev for the last 2/3 years and i think its time but i have loads of questions (sorry)
Now i know i want a min of a 2017 because of the electric hand break and a 4H min for the 360 camera

Now what im stuck on is millage ( going to keep this for 5 years)
Thinking less that 45k is a must
2L vs 2.4L not sure what Real benefits there are
It costs a hell of a lot more to get the newer 2.4L
Are the safety features worth it in the s models?
I have seen a few write offs and most have been the s models. Makes me think r they really any safer?
4h vs 5h
I know 5h has better sound system which would b nice but not important

Odd question but can you run the air con with out having the engine running?
Not sure if this has been Updated since i last looked but can you run the heating or aircon DIRECT whilst charging? Ie not via battery
Last time I checked it couldnt but could b wrong
Servicing oh god this is a killer
Read its about £500 each service every 12 months???
Sorry once again for the odd questions and will update if i can remember anything else
Thanks alex

Mine has run 140.000 km without significant trouble. Only exhaust and brake pads/disks front. Battery is about 75-80%. The handbrake never gave trouble, even if I use it only rarely.

The 2.4l is marginally more powerful and even (if slightly) more smooth. It wouldn't influence my buying decision.
The airco will run in EV mode. As does the electric heating.
I really appreciate LDW, FCM, ACC, etc, I wouldn't be without them.
It will not run heating or airco from the mains, but if you leave it plugged in, it will top up.

The price of the service varies per dealer, so shop around. Anyway, most, if not all cars will eat a considerable amount of money for their periodical service. On the total running costs of a car, a difference of one or two hundred quid is really here nor there. As a computer on wheels, you could only do the mechanical maintenance yourself, you will need an official dealer for full maintenance, including logbook checks and updates. And to keep the guaranty valid.

Thanks for your reply
The handbreak its a preference for me to have electric as it just looks better lol
140000 and battery is at 75% thats not bad actually
Yes the lane assist ect all that would b a major bonus as I work very long hours
Good that the air con works on electric
Will keep my dog happy at work lol

With due deference to jaapv the car dealer market has never been competitive in the UK and even more so because of the monopoly franchise operated by Colt Cars UK who hold exclusive rights from Mitsu and are a wholly owned subsidiary.

Back