jaapv

Re: PHEVs are for people who have garages

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:33 pm

Indeed - and lacking public transport can hardly be blamed on Mitsubishi.
Anyway, who says that city dwellers are poorer - I live in a nice house in the suburbs - but I could not begin to afford to buy a two-roomed flat in the centre of Amsterdam, let alone a city like London.
Instyle+ 2013
Titanium Grey
Off-white leather
Body kit
Protection kit
TPMS
Skidplates

mbasjm

Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:30 am

Many condos and apartments buildings in metro Vancouver have charging stations. BC Hydro offered a rebate about a year ago and it was offered to homeowners and to apartment buildings/condos alike. Many stratas opted to take advantage of it, while others did not/could not. It's unfortunate for you that yours did not. In addition, most new buildings plan for the infrastructure of EV chargers because they know the future demands it.

Homeowners who have a charging station and pay $0.92 to top up their vehicle had to pay for that charging station. So it's the equivalent of a homeowner installing a gas pump in their home for approximately $1000 (less if they got a rebate) in order to have the ability to pay $1.20 per litre and the convenience of charging at home while you pay $2.40-3.60 at a public gas station. It doesn't sound that unfair to me. They could opt not to have a home charger and instead charge it publicly as well.

I know many people in metro Vancouver with EV's. Some have houses, some live in condos. But you are correct in saying that where they lived made a difference on whether or not an EV was right for them. But I don't think you can just say it's not for people renting in downtown Vancouver. You're just not in the right building.
-------
Owner since 2019-06-21
GT SAWC
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Fjpod

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:29 am

I can tell you there is NONE of that here in NYC.
Previous prius and imiev owner.

Return to “General / Main Outlander PHEV Owners Forum”