WiFi disable setting when vehicle is ON

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mothman

I'm sure I have read somewhere that there is a setting (maybe in the MMCS hidden menu) that disables the Wifi when the car is on e.g. driving. Can anyone help?

Mothman said:
disables the Wifi when the car is on e.g. driving. Can anyone help?

Do you wish to do this due to the handsfree call dropout issue, or for another reason? I have not heard of a MMCS solution, so I disable wifi on my mobile instead.

I like to leave my phone's WiFi on all the time and I occasionally use the PHEV app to check the charge status from in the house, so even if force my phone to forget the PHEV's WiFi, it remembers it every time I use the app.

Not a problem normally, but I also use my phone for navigation and it automatically connects to the PHEV WIFi (no internet), rather than use my phone's data - hence I would like to disable the PHEV's WiFi when I'm driving.

Mothman said:
I also use my phone for navigation and it automatically connects to the PHEV WIFi (no internet), rather than use my phone's data

What phone do you have? My Android 10 phone allows this, it figures out the PHEV wifi has no internet connection and uses my mobile data instead. I'm pretty sure it also worked on my old Android 8 phone also.

Have a look at apps like IFTTT or, if you have a rooted Android, Tasker. You could then set up a routine that says "when I connect to the car Bluetooth, turn my WiFi off". Then create the disconnect equivalent.

On the latest version of the PHEV Remote Control app, under Settings, there is Wireless LAN Communication Settings, where you can change this. See screen grab. Not sure if it’s in the car head unit dialog somewhere. The default is OFF, i.e. Lan is ON when car is OFF and vice versa. This works for me - turn on heating and charging from in the house when the car is off, phone runs on 4G when in the car. Network definition on the phone for the car Wi-Fi is not to auto join. View attachment D4670769-00C5-4061-AE17-76EFDDA1BB8A.jpeg

PS44 - thanks, I think you have found it! I must have seen a discussion about it somewhere.

The only problem is that my version of the Remote app (A.3.1.1) running on Android 10 doesn't have this setting! PlayStore says I'm all up to date - so what version do you have?

On Android (at least on mine) you need to look for the setting in Android's wifi settings, not the remote app. When your phone is connected to the car's wifi, go to Android's wifi settings, do a long tap on the connected "remotexxxx" network, and disable "autoconnect".

Daixiwen,

Thanks, but the setting we are discussing is a setting in the PHEV Remote app, not Android's WiFi.

PS44,
Strange - the Remote app's help pages include a description of this option but the app doesn't have the option visible - could this be a car edition related issue, where only the latest editions have the option, so it's not visible on my app?

No, it's App version related You are possibly not seeing it as you are not connected to the Vehicle when looking for it. The App has to be connected.

Very odd - with the app connected to the car, I can go to the help section and there is an entry titled 'Wireless LAN Communication Settings', but this section does not appear in the app to allow the setting to be changed (see picture) :evil: ???

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_20201124_080326_com.inventec.iMobile2_LI.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 17
Back