Australians down under

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndyInOz said:
Eh? Who let a kiwi in here bro?

:p[/quote

greendwarf said:
He might be an Aussie gone walkabout :cool:

Happy New Year to the land "Down Under"

Naaahhh.. A real Kiwi, just watching the activity over the pond... Can't see much at the moment though, for that horrendous smoke cloud that is colouring the sky this far.

I enjoy reading the comments in this thread as it is a bit closer to the driving conditions (at least the season) here.

Happ New Year to all!

Happy New Year everyone - best wishes and our thoughts are with all those being affected by those horrendous bush fires. Hope you and yours are safe and well, and I look forward to reading about your exploits with your PHEV this year!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Hi All!

Very new to be PHEV owner here (and new to register on the forum), my Red Exceed should arrive on Friday, ahead of schedule.

Can’t wait to be joining the PHEV community!

PantherPhev said:
Hi All!

Very new to be PHEV owner here (and new to register on the forum), my Red Exceed should arrive on Friday, ahead of schedule.

Can’t wait to be joining the PHEV community!

Hope you enjoy it, remember don't overthink things, it works very well if you just drive it. "Save" button is useful for freeway driving, and the B0-B5 steering wheel paddles just adjust the "zero point" of the accelerator/regen braking. Pressing the foot brake will use regen if possible (ie battery not full) regardless of the "B" setting.

Where abouts in Oz are you? I'm NSW Central Coast.

Well my Phev is now being deliver Monday afternoon, and to say I am excited is an understatement.

I have been reading up on the site, and watching YouTube on the Phev for ages now.

I reckon I am the perfect user for mitsi had in mind - weekday usage of 5-10km/day with weekend getaways.

I intend to only charge it using the standar granny charger once the battery has run down (hopefully once a week or so). Does that sound right? My experience with LiPo is they don’t like cycling unnecessarily (such as when above minimum state of charge), and no need to with the Phev unlike a Bev (plus I am on a novated lease so no worry about fuel).

I am looking into solar for (amongst other things), charging during the day. I am also considering connecting another charger to controlled load 1 (off peak) for night charging.

Thinking off getting a spare wheel as well for longer trips. Anyone using one/ recommendations?

Well it was delivered today, and boy am my wife and I impressed.

Lots to love, and as expected lots to learn.

I am pleasantly surprised with the cars power, even in EV and Eco mode. I think I now understand the electric motor torque all EV users speak of.

Still finding it difficult to work the power rear boot lid, more manual reading I guess.

It’s charging up now after the goose who drove it to me on the freeway failed to use save mode. 11.4 L/100km , guess he drove it like he stole it 🤬

Good Morning all
I am new to this forum but have read a great deal before purchasing the PHEV and since my purchase of the 2019/20 model in Dec 2019. And due to COVID have only done 3500kms!

A couple of comments re the last post:
I looked at purchasing a spare rim from the UK and having it shipped to Aust.
Was just as cheap to buy one from Mits at $700 (GRRR!!!) and adding a tyre.
Just have it in the rear but have looked at a wooden frame around it but the slope of the boot is to the back!
And it does not fit under the floor as there are many wires in that area.

Re the solar charging: I charge mine during the day and in theory it costs nothing! However in reality it is the reduced feed it tariff that I would have received of 12c per Kwh. The 'solar' charge equates to approx $1.50 per 100km compared to the night charging of 28c Kwh of approx of about $3.20. Both for 5 hours of charge.

And recently had Mits examine the PHEV for the suspect seat belt recall. Check that they have clipped the LHS plastic floor near the bottom seat belt fixture properly. Mine dealer did not.

And I regularly use the recharge mode when driving along freeways to use up that fuel that must be used every 3 months. And then run it in electric mode in suburban areas.

Cheers
Bob

I found a wheel on gumtree, its from a non-phev model and has slightly different spokes but it is the same overall size as the phev wheel. I think I paid $100 for it. Unfortunately, there is no way to store it under the car, it just sits in the luggage area in the back taking up lots of space but you crush a lot of clothes,sleeping bags, etc into the centre of the wheel. I only carry it when doing country trips and I as for safety I run the middle rear seat built through the centre of the wheel.
I went through that exercise calculating the benefits of selling my solar power and then buying it a cheaper off peak rate but thought the differences in cost are negligible but importantly I feel much better driving around on solar power.
Enjoy the car, and look at all the info on this website there is lots of great info available. Finally keep on eye on the voltage of the auxiliary battery, you will find on this forum that most of the problems people have had is when the battery starts to lose charge. I had to replace mine earlier this year and went through the exercise of trying to find a replacement. However, once I looked at the old battery I found it was standard exide battery, I managed to find a similar battery in the local battery shop.
By the way I live in Sydney at Hurstville.

Hi All,
I just bought a MY19 ES ADAS in appliance white, it's an ex-dealership car. I traded in our 4 year old Diesel SUV for it. I have charged it twice and yesterday got 43km without the engine kicking in.

The engine does seem to start for a couple of seconds until I turn off AC / put it in EV mode, however.

What kind of fuel economy should I expect on the highway (in l/100km)?

Mattyt said:
What kind of fuel economy should I expect on the highway (in l/100km)?

Unladen I get 6.7 to 7.3 when not using AC on the freeway. You'll find it's almost the same as the city economy should you find yourself needing to use fuel in the suburbs.

I have done 11000 klms in the last 8 months in a 2020 model. Living about 28 klm from town. I drive using battery until 100 zone then save/charge then battery only once back in built up area. The ICE runs for about 12-18 klms of the round trip, sometimes only running on the way there depending on how much driving around town there is. I fill up with 95/98 Ron fuel at a cost of $40-45, which turns out to be every 3-4 weeks depending on if there are longer trips. The car is charged up off peak at night or on solar during the day.
Whatever mileage it gets on the ICE when balanced with the battery mileage and the way I drive it satisfies me.

Hi all,

Newbie here saying g'day. My partner and I recently decided to trade in our ICE cars for a 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander.

While there's a couple plus years of warranty on the new car I'm itching to find out everything about it, and potentially take it further.

Given the recent purchase it only seemed fitting to join this forum. I've also joined the aussie AEVA forum, am up for suggestions for other good ones too.

Cheers! 👋

About to change the fluids on my PHEV (with the current SCA 30% off sale).

Noticed in this thread that people aren't changing their transaxle fluids. I can't emphasise this enough . CHANGE THEM...

The oil coming out of all the cars that are doing this is jet black with metal filings. My car was no exception. Never seen anything like it.
Especially if your car feels a little jittery between electric and petrol. it should be seamless.

Haven't done the CVT-J4 (electric motor cooling fluid) change yet. Just wondering if anyone who has changed theirs can report back?

Cheers

Back