littlescrote

Re: Heater not working

Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:00 am

greendwarf wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:37 am
Picking up from a different thread, is it possible to programme the MMCS to turn off heating?
Huh? It's possible to program in a timed session (start at hh:mm for x minutes, where x = 10, 20 or 30), but that's all. Meant for pre-heat, pre-demist or pre-cool.

greendwarf

Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:14 am

Ok - back here in steerage with our "no electric heater or MMCS" Gx3Hs we are ignorant of these technical wonders - and the frustrations they cause :lol:

One further thought about cold air after a while - does it happen when ICE is running? - as it could be the valve in the engine cooling system jammed shut stopping circulation through the heater matrix. :idea:

kromo

Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:43 am

yes, it happens when ICE is on

greendwarf

Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:12 am

My thinking is, that in general, the car tries to conserve the battery at all times. So it would be logical for the electric heating to cut out once the engine coolant has reached normal temperature because it will expect coolant will start circulating through the heater matrix but if the valve that controls this is jammed shut then all you get is cold air!

More worryingly this will happen if the coolant level is too low! How do you know there is a radiator leak in an ICE car ? When the heater blows out cold air suddenly. So there could be a more serious problem if the ICE cooling is not effective.

Piotr

Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Hi, I'm new on the forum. I'm using 2014 Phev and after two months of using the car I saw that heating system stops working, blower works fine but with outdoor temperature only. I afraid that it could be a serious damage but I focus on collecting useful information from web. I found on few forums that sometimes problem is caused by inline filter in pipes coming to cabine (aluminium one with deaerator) . I visited my favourite workshop and asked to check it. They cleaned inline filter and heat exchanger . Heating works fine now. Hope it help somebody. It was not expensive repair.

Based on information that water pump has a few power gears it could impact heating in the car in case of lower power delivered to the pamp when temperature in cabine is almost stable . In this case flow of liquid could be limited and heating would not work effectively. Please let know if it solve your problem.

mali

Outlander GX4h Heater not working (UK Model)

Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:53 am

Hi,

Help!!

I am new to this forum. In September 2018, I bought an Outlander (GX4H 2015 UK model) and in Dec noticed there is bare minimum of heat coming through. Took it to dealer who said heater matrix valve blocked and after flushing it kinda worked but never gave real heat ie when you put it to 29 degrees it just blows warm air. I've lived with it until now where it just blows cold air full stop. Took it to main dealer and after diagnostic, they said - needs PTC Heater, Heater Matrix, 2x AC pipe sills and gass, Needs in-line coolant filter, el;ectric water pump, 4 way valve- all this for a mere sum of only £5,000 - dealers think money grows on trees!
I was told by the mechanic this is a common problem with Outlanders. I am at a loss and would really appreciate any help or guidance fromk anyone on this forum.

Monsur

ThudnBlundr

Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:44 am

Have a look at Section Q in Richi's excellent FAQs: https://www.richi.uk/p/mitsubishi-outla ... l#phevfaqQ
2015 GX4hs since 03/18
2015 Renault Zoe R240 owner since 11/17

You may have speed, but I have momentum...Image

Return to “Technical Discussions”