PHEV wifi disconnects when Remote Control App is opened - since ios 14.2 upgrade

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aob1967

Hi everyone,

I purchased a 2019 PHEV last month and had the remote control app working no problem until I upgraded my iPhone to ios 14.2 yesterday.

My iPhone sees the PHEV WiFi and can connect to it no problem. However when I open the Mitsubishi Remote Control app , I get the "cannot communicate - error code 1201". When I go back to WiFi settings on my iPhone, it has disconnected from the PHEV WiFi but it still sees it and I can reconnect to it again.

Has anyone else had this issue since upgrading to ios 14.2 ?

Loads of people, which is why there have been quite a few posts about it on PHEV sites and FB. iOS14 introduced some security updates, such as randomising the MAC code when you join a WiFi network so that advertisers can't track you. Have a look at Richi's FAQs, section E5
https://www.richi.uk/p/mitsubishi-outlander-phev-faq.html

Thanks for the reply and link.

I resolved the issue by going to WiFi settings on my phone and told the phone to "forget" my car WiFi connection. I then reconnected to it and had to re-enter the passcode. After doing this my remote control App works fine.

Back