TPMS Registration

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mellobob

I just moved a set of snow tires from one Mitsu to another. They have Mitsu TPMS "things" in them, but the car is not seeing them. A quick internet search leads me to believe that a special device is needed to determine the devices and transfer them to the car. Is is something only a dealer (a 2 hour return trip) can do or would any decent tire shop have the equipment?

A decent tire shop may have compatible equipment, but it's by no means a certainty. Most likely a dealer job. Once it's done once, you can switch between set 1 and set 2 yourself when you change over from summer to winter and vice versa.

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to start calling around here to see ... otherwise it's another day off to travel to the dealer. Yeah, I know about the set 1/2 ... my problem was that when the dealer switched the tires I assumed he'd set the TPMS sensors.

Only the dealer can reprogram the car to match the TPMS codes. What a tyre shop can do is reprogram some non-Mitsu valves to match an existing set. Of course if you are swapping to "older" tyres the batteries may have expired - as happened to me with a set of valves that had never been used. :evil:

Well, got it all fixed yesterday at my local tire shop. The sensors were genuine Mitsubishi. The tire guy had a handheld reader unit which he used to scan each tire, then he plugged into the port under the dash on the car ... the car and computer talked for a minute or so ... and all is now perfect :) Guess the fellow had a relatively new device.

Back